Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spike's and the US Military?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Probably like any other BS hype. They send a bottle of bad word Grease Gun Oil to one Ranger and advertise "Used by Army Rangers". A fingernail clipper and sunglasses to a Navy Seal and advertise "Used by Navy Seals".
    Amen. Shit is ridiculous

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    So I’ve attended a few classes and competitions over the years with personal weapons. It’s quite a pain to get approval to grab the issued M4A1 out of the armory and travel for non-agency sponsored training or a prize money competition. Lots of rules about that stuff. David
    True that. I used to keep a personal rifle set up as closely as possible to my issued rifle for this reason.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Breaking News! "Labratory tests show this new lubricant is nothing more than re-packaged Vagisil"
    Damn dude. There you go with the research again..just dream killin. Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk93 View Post
    He is Army Special Forces. He's probably wearing a nice uniform because he's representing the US at an international competition. Military bearing doesn't go away just because you have a tab. At least it shouldn't.
    So forgive me as I’m not .mil so I have zero knowledge of protocol or culture in this context. That said, I would think he would at least wear unit insignia or something than just personal COTS flag patches on his helmet. I would think an international competition would merit promoting his unit unless he was CAG or DECGRU or some other secret squirrel. Honestly, it doesn’t change my life either way just an interesting academic discussion.

I’m curious because I’ve built up some kit and since I’m not prior or current .mil I’m very careful to avoid “unit” identifiers and call sign patches unless they identify me specifically. I figure any American can and should wear flags if they choose. Though I do get the “need” for accuracy for milsim and LARP type activities. I just find it odd that he has Cots Flags on a clean combat uniform that shows very little wear. All good. Just musing.

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Ya'll need to watch some of the nasty words on the forum.
    Copy that. Apologies. But it was funny
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    So forgive me as I’m not .mil so I have zero knowledge of protocol or culture in this context. That said, I would think he would at least wear unit insignia or something than just personal COTS flag patches on his helmet. I would think an international competition would merit promoting his unit unless he was CAG or DECGRU or some other secret squirrel. Honestly, it doesn’t change my life either way just an interesting academic discussion.

I’m curious because I’ve built up some kit and since I’m not prior or current .mil I’m very careful to avoid “unit” identifiers and call sign patches unless they identify me specifically. I figure any American can and should wear flags if they choose. Though I do get the “need” for accuracy for milsim and LARP type activities. I just find it odd that he has Cots Flags on a clean combat uniform that shows very little wear. All good. Just musing.
    Not sure what you’re getting at - you find it weird that he’s only wearing a flag patch and not something unit specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not sure what you’re getting at - you find it weird that he’s only wearing a flag patch and not something unit specific?

Nothing really. I’ve seen pics of guys in theatre and they have call sign patches and other unit or squadron logos. All I was saying was that the commercial flag on his helmet were identified already as being widely available. I coupled with that my thought that if participating in an international .mil shooting competition I would think he would want it known what he did unless he was some secret squirrel. I have no .mil background so I don’t know. Just a a logical thought process to me. But maybe not. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Looks like a Tier 1 Group patch
    It’s not.

Google “CIF Team”.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    It’s not.

Google “CIF Team”.
    Interesting

Last edited by Sparky5019; 08-10-19 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Nothing really. I’ve seen pics of guys in theatre and they have call sign patches and other unit or squadron logos. All I was saying was that the commercial flag on his helmet were identified already as being widely available. I coupled with that my thought that if participating in an international .mil shooting competition I would think he would want it known what he did unless he was some secret squirrel. I have no .mil background so I don’t know. Just a a logical thought process to me. But maybe not. Lol.

More than likely, nobody cares. He’s on the American team, that’s what matters. Whether he’s an assaulter, medic, etc is probably less important in that context. But as was hinted towards, that patch being easily bought doesn’t mean that it’s not an identifier of sorts.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    More than likely, nobody cares. He’s on the American team, that’s what matters. Whether he’s an assaulter, medic, etc is probably less important in that context. But as was hinted towards, that patch being easily bought doesn’t mean that it’s not an identifier of sorts.

Agreed just found it interesting is all.

Feedback Score
    What does it matter what he wears and what he shoots? He is shooting, right? I represented my Defense Force and I use my own Private Firearms for the reason that I have it. Why shoot Beretta 92 when I have a Shadow2. Why shoot a Beretta 6+1 when I have a Mossberg 7+1.

I will also not wear any identification if I have a choice, because I am logistics and it does not always go well if logistical staff officer knock the filling out of SF types.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast