Thread: Barrel ID Help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Barrel ID Help

From the markings and profile, can anyone ID the maker of this barrel? It's a 16"

Barrel 1.jpg

Barrel 2.jpg

Barrel 3.jpg
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Attachment 58348

Kinda looks like this barrel, but on their picture, the engraving looks stamped or engraved. Not lasered like in the picture you posted.
    Last edited by Alpine2k3; 08-04-19 at 12:36.
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a PSA barrel with that exact profile and the same marking, in the same place, and same style/method. Note the very slight step in front of the gas block where a middy FSB would mount. Its a 0.006 diameter change, just in front of the journal. You can barely feel it with a fingernail, but its visible in good lighting. And the more pronounced step in front of where a rifle length FSB would be. 0.65-0.66” back from the shoulder; 0.055” diameter change. 2.8” from the front step should put your calipers between the N and the A in NATO on the marking.

My barrel is a mock dissipator.

Show us a closeup of the barrel threads/shoulder, and I may be able to confirm that it is PSA. It should have a small false shoulder roughly 9/16” in diameter.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-05-19 at 09:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After mentioning PSA, am thinking it's one of theirs.

Either way, very poor quality, has tool chatter marks about mid bore, plain to see with a bore scope.

muzzle 1.jpg

muzzle 2.jpg
    Last edited by wichaka; 08-06-19 at 01:34.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That looks like PSA.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kind of reminds me of a Faxon or one of the others that uses Melonite instead of phosphate. I could be crazy though. Lol.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All I know is that it had very few rounds through it, less than 2,000 and it already is showing wear about half way down the barrel.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Barrel ID Help

Quote Originally Posted by wichaka View Post
    All I know is that it had very few rounds through it, less than 2,000 and it already is showing wear about half way down the barrel.
    I had a DD MK18 HF barrel that started keyholing at about 15-1800. But I had seen a few hundred full auto rounds so I figured we just overheated it and dedicated it to a dirt shooting demo barrel for the machine gun. Strange shit happens. Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A friend's AR blew up. The barrel survived, but putting a scope down it...it looks like whomever made it, had some problems with the rifling...pitting already as well.

Am rebuilding it, but using a BA barrel.