Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm--any experience?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm--any experience?

Hey,

I am looking for a fun 9mm 1911 to practice with alongside my full-size .45. The Dan Wesson Vigil seems to have a very similar setup to my Wilson so I am wondering if anybody has any experience? I was thinking about getting a Colt full size CCU but the DW appears to be better fitted. Any thoughts?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I visited with Mr. Hackathorn last month. The 9MM 1911 came up during our conversations. His exact words were the best bang for your buck in a 9MM 1911 is a Dan Wesson. He did say that the magazine is important so buy good quality mags like Wilson and Chip McCormick (which is now owned by Wilson BTW).
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have a PM9 and it has been excellent. I only use the Wilson Combat mags. The older one with the plastic followers sometimes do not lock the slide back. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Greg, buy it, We will hold a vigil for your "break my Vigil" run.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I shot a friend's LW Vigil Commander after he got it back from DW. It has locked up jammed tight first time out shooting. Their CS was horrified and what he got back was pretty outstanding in fit, finish, trigger and accuracy.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I may get a Valor, but I wish they came with a mag well.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a 5” and Commander sized Vigil in 9mm.
    I was thinking of you after reading your comment on the gun you’d prefer to have in a scenario like we had last weekend.
    The Vigil is an ideal carry gun IMO.
    The guns have good parts and are pretty well assembled.
    Some trigger work and mine were GTG.

If you can find a used Valkyrie in good shape, I recommend these as well.

I run Metalform 10 rd. mags exclusively.

9ACF7E3A-E97F-43DA-A4D5-D15DF1941A97.jpg

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I may get a Valor, but I wish they came with a mag well.
    I bought a Valor for $1,250 and its fit N finish is outstanding. The crown work, I love the straight eight bold dot sights., some of my favorite sights.. Shoots like a dream. I drink SA koolaid but this DW really impressed me. Get that Valor if you can get a deal. Best of luck.

Oh yea, I bought a SA magwell for like $65 and it works fine. It's a drop in so if your picky you might not like, but it doesn't bother me.

Just checked, $1,278 on GB right now. Very very hard to beat.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-05-19 at 18:54.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I may or may not have just bought a Wilson ultra light commander in 9mm. I may also be needing to sell my old Springfield Pro. I won't feel to bad since Christine, my old Wilson CQB came back from the burglars.

I think the Valor or the Vigil would have been great, but I am a moron.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    How much for the Pro?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast