Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OWB Holster Recommendation

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    For an OWB, I am typically partial to something that can use the Safariland QLS system. So, Safariland ALS or say a T-Rex Arms Ragnarok. This makes more sense for duty, classes, etc.

However, with use for CC or household use, you are going to want to consider something that will suck the pistol to your side. Something like a raven concealment or bravo concealment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    For an OWB, I am typically partial to something that can use the Safariland QLS system. So, Safariland ALS or say a T-Rex Arms Ragnarok. This makes more sense for duty, classes, etc.

However, with use for CC or household use, you are going to want to consider something that will suck the pistol to your side. Something like a raven concealment or bravo concealment.
    I am with you on the QLS being handy, but it causes a noticeable offset. The standard 567BL loop they sell isn't bad though. Not perfect and not as body hugging as the Bravo Concealment I have, but not bad. Safariland holsters aren't quite as compact as other holsters (and even more so with the 7ts which is my only gripe) and the modular belt attachment seems to result in thickness stacking.

I really think if they would make their 565bl loop flat like the 567 instead of making it with an anatomical curve shape (don't recall seeing an online photo that shows that characteristic) it could go a long way towards pulling their concealment holsters in to the body tighter. As is, the 565 acts like an offset.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put the 565bl slide on my G17 7tls w/o the spacer. I like it for open carry but I’d need an xxxl shirt to hide it vs the xxl shirt that hides my Bravo Concealment.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    I searched through 25 pages of threads; over a year and a half, and there was no mention of OWB holsters. Search doesn’t turn up much either.

I’m looking for OWB Holster recommendations (Glock 17) for around the house, classes and possible ccw.

I currently use a JM custom Kydex aiwb wing claw 2.5 for ccw, and have a Gunfighters Inc kenai chest holster for riding the atv/bike/tractor and walking through the woods.

I’ll probably go with the JM Custom, but wanted to check in here first. Thanks

Local shops only have serpas 🤦🏼*♂️

That's a lot of "different" scenarios for one holster I think, although many can do it all that's for sure. I like https://www.highnoonholsters.com/ a lot,I have bought several from them and all have been great. They do have a waiting/build period unless you use the "rush" feature, never needed one that bad I guess. I also use the Trex Ragnarok,,love it,they have differnt mounting options so one could work for you. Plus they are cut so a RMR/MRDS will work with the holster if you ever decide to go that route,they had fast shipping alos,I think I had it in less than a week.

Feedback Score
    Tenicor ARX has worked the best for me if concealment is paramount.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There are so many good makers these days. The last I bought were C&G holsters and really liked them and their CS was outstanding as well. Raven was the goto for so long but many have caught up. Still a good makers IMHO. I have several. I need to check out JM Custom because I dont have any of theirs and they clearly have a following.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    My vote is for the Tenicor ARX or ARX LUX. They are phenomenal.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    For OWB I use G-Code OSH holsters. They are heavy duty kydex. I have been very pleased with every one of them I have purchased. Excellent fit and finish. They can be found at https://www.tacticalholsters.com/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelram View Post
    For OWB I use G-Code OSH holsters. They are heavy duty kydex. I have been very pleased with every one of them I have purchased. Excellent fit and finish. They can be found at https://www.tacticalholsters.com/
    I use G-Code for full size guns and if I don't require any safety strap for upped level security, Otherwise a Safariland, ALS locking system.

6378 is a great model to look at.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I've got to the place where I can carry IWB again, and a substantial size gun. Been using one of the cheapo Concealment Express IWB for a 92FS cut down to fit my 92 Compact, carry it AIWB. It actually works pretty well, and I've got a JM Custom Kydex on order for the full size gun.

That said, for OWB, I find I like leather pretty well. 1791 Gunleather makes some pretty nice holsters, I use a thumb break for solid retention.
    https://1791gunleather.com/holsters/owb-holsters/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast