Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OWB Holster Recommendation

Feedback Score
    Good thing is there is a lot to choose from out there and and you probably can't go wrong with any of them. I've had awesome experience with ColoradoHolster.com over the years.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Can't find a more recent picture, but this is my Crossbreed Hybrid holster for my 1911.

Nice soft leather against your hip, while the gun rides snug in kydex.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Can't find a more recent picture, but this is my Crossbreed Hybrid holster for my 1911.

Nice soft leather against your hip, while the gun rides snug in kydex.
    +1 for Crossbreed hybrid OWB's. Used to be frustrated with the trade-offs of leather vs kydex, each had some attributes I wanted. Crossbreed's leather-kydex combo holsters solved it.

This OWB holster is called their SuperSlide and works for my Commander and Govt 1911's.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a rave concealment for my Shield, looks very similar to the JM. However, I prefer the Safariland 7371 for the shield. I also have a safariland 578 for my G19, but I prefer the release button of the 7371 more. IIWY I'd give the 7378 a look for a G17. $45
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I have a rave concealment for my Shield, looks very similar to the JM. However, I prefer the Safariland 7371 for the shield. I also have a safariland 578 for my G19, but I prefer the release button of the 7371 more. IIWY I'd give the 7378 a look for a G17. $45
    Yeah the Safariland 7TS series work well.

Feedback Score
    I'm mainly using Safariland brand holsters for my OWB G17 (now Gen5, but have been used with Gen3 & Gen4, previously). I do have a few holsters, probably no longer made, by some other brands which I seldom use, too.

Here's are a couple of examples:
    https://bit.ly/2MN1DkP

https://bit.ly/2ZFx1p1

I've also got Safariland holster which I couldn't find on Safariland's website but a simple search seems to find several sellers. The model numbers are 0701 and 0702.

Every holster-maker with OWB products for the G17 (whichever Gen) will have just the right model for somebody.
    Last edited by L-2; 08-07-19 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm still using Raven Phantoms
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I’ve been very happy with the OWB holsters I’ve bought from www.bravoconcealment.com.

Limited to the guns model holsters they make, but the G17 is god to go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pic of my Black Arch ACE-1 IWB hybrid . Very comfy - flared kydex - adjustable tension. As you can see from the pic, I tried the clip holes that would sit it lower in my waistband, but that was a huge no go. Getting it out of the holster with a full grip was impossible and slow at that. Raising it up a notch and angling it works great for me - full grip - comes out quick. Their Protos line is cool in that they wrap some kydex around the backside of the pistol so there is retention like an OWB regardless if you run your belt lon the looser side. Unfortunately they don't make the Protos line for a full size P30, so I went with their ACE-1 which they now make with the Dri-matrix backing also.

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/

Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-08-19 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols28 View Post
    Good thing is there is a lot to choose from out there and and you probably can't go wrong with any of them. I've had awesome experience with ColoradoHolster.com over the years.

I rarely like engraved/tooled/embossed guns or accessories, but that looks good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast