Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster suggestions for class

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I picked up a Safariland holster that was laying in a gun shop. I paid $10!

Joe, like myself, works steady night shift. He always responds.
    If you don't hear from him soon, PM me.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I'm in the same boat. New to revolvers and I only have the one. I'm trying to find a holster. Is there any criteria one should be looking for? This isn't the 80's so I don't think I need a thumb break. I found some like new stuff on various auction sites that are simple leather pancake style.

On a side note, I e-mailed Joe but have not gotten a response. Can anyone fill me in on how to pay for the class and reserve a slot?
    If you're still interested in the holster I posted...I just tried it and it fits my model 10, model 10 heavy barrel, model 15, older Ruger speed six and even a 1930s Colt Police Positive. DOES NOT fit N frame. Tried my model 27 and not even close. I was hoping it would since Safariland lists L frames and they're not to far of from N frames.

It comes as a paddle style attachment with a belt loop attachment included. So you can run it through your belt.

So if you have a K frame S&W, Ruger or Colt you're gtg.
    Last edited by Arik; 08-17-19 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    FYI Joe's computer crashed and he should have it back tomorrow.
    I just picked up a S&W 360 today. I'll be bringing my model 15 and the 360.
    Apparently the class is a go as long as all 3 commit and I got another guy to attend.
    Should be 4 students Joe and I.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If you're still interested in the holster I posted...I just tried it and it fits my model 10, model 10 heavy barrel, model 15, older Ruger speed six and even a 1930s Colt Police Positive. DOES NOT fit N frame. Tried my model 27 and not even close. I was hoping it would since Safariland lists L frames and they're not to far of from N frames.

It comes as a paddle style attachment with a belt loop attachment included. So you can run it through your belt.

So if you have a K frame S&W, Ruger or Colt you're gtg.
    Now that we've received confirmation from Joe last weekend and CoryCop25, as the class AI, is seconding said confirmation, I'm placing my order now. Should fit a Ruger GP100, no?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    Now that we've received confirmation from Joe last weekend and CoryCop25, as the class AI, is seconding said confirmation, I'm placing my order now. Should fit a Ruger GP100, no?
    It lists GP100.

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at the Don Hume holsters? They are decent, relatively inexpensive, and have a good variety. You can order them direct, off of ebay or Amazon, and sometimes you'll see them in shops.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guys, i appreciate the help. I did buy one and class was held like two months ago!

Feedback Score
    So what did you get and how did the class go?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    He went with the safariland holster that is posted in the link on page one.

It was a great class if I must say! Lots of learning and laughing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This holster.

Class was great. Small group. Very easy going and informative. I brought like 6 guns but only got to try out 3 of them.

Never having shot a revolver outside of casual static range and being a lefty I figured I'd be like a retarded juggling clown. Wouldn't have been surprised if I ended up dropping the gun while switching hands and reloading on the clock. Surprised myself! Didn't do bad at all considering.

If there's another one next year I'm up for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12