Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone accidentally used 300 blkout in 556?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve always wanted a .300 for a super short suppressed rifle, but I have avoided it for the reasons in this thread.

What are y’all talking about with the Lancer mags?
    Same here. I make a point to avoid similar rounds. Same reason I got rid of 40 S&W, it is too easy to confuse with 9mm.

I'm more concerned about a loose rounds finding their way into the mags then using wrong mags.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Same here. I make a point to avoid similar rounds. Same reason I got rid of 40 S&W, it is too easy to confuse with 9mm.

I'm more concerned about a loose rounds finding their way into the mags then using wrong mags.
    Found a 9mm case fired from a .40 or 2 at ranges.

Back when I was reloading 9mm/.45ACP(and a lot of range pick up brass) I despised .40 S&W since it was common and would snarl up the press case feed with both.

.380 & 9x18 were irritating too, just not as frequently encountered.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Reading all the posts in this thread about how a 300BO round can be loaded into a 5.56 mag, chambered into a 5.56 barrel, and fired with disastrous results. Would the opposite hold true? Can a 5.56 round be chambered into a 300BO barrel and fired? If so, what are the results?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Reading all the posts in this thread about how a 300BO round can be loaded into a 5.56 mag, chambered into a 5.56 barrel, and fired with disastrous results. Would the opposite hold true? Can a 5.56 round be chambered into a 300BO barrel and fired? If so, what are the results?
    Probably not the best thing for the gun but at least the bullet will make it out of the barrel. I recently saw a guy run a 5.56 through a 7.62 AK, nothing catastrophic happened except to the brass. I made a joke about the old myth the Russian made their AK able to shoot American rounds but not the other way around. "See, it's true"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    This was a post from the first page by Clint:

We put 5.56 once in an identically configured 6.8SPC.

The round went bang and a big swirl of blue smoke emanated from every orifice in the reciever.

Rifle and shooter were unharmed.

The bullet left the bore.

The case split across the base and ballooned the neck.

It was more like a low pressure event than an over pressure event.

Since the 300 Blackout barrel is essentially 7.62, it is larger than the 6.8 and seemingly would vent more down the barrel making it a seemingly 'lower pressure event.'

Still comes under the heading of 'Kids, don't try this at home.'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Right the dangerous condition is firing a bullet larger than the bore diameter, bullet lodges in bore and pressure has to go somewhere. Firing a bullet smaller than bore diameter likely will cause no damage.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure Faxon ran .300 through their 5.56 ARAK upper during destructive testing. IIRC, it survived and fired after. Cant find the original post though.

Feedback Score
    It happened to a friend of mine...The video definitely made the rounds on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5yuHqHxV7/?hl=en

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    It happened to a friend of mine...The video definitely made the rounds on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5yuHqHxV7/?hl=en
    Ouch, with a bullpup no less. Hope your friend is better off than the gun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFS View Post
    Pretty sure Faxon ran .300 through their 5.56 ARAK upper during destructive testing. IIRC, it survived and fired after. Cant find the original post though.
    That’s pretty hard to believe. Do you know where you saw that? I tried googling but couldn’t find anything.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast