Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone accidentally used 300 blkout in 556?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    When I had the BO, I used Lancer mags for this very reason.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve always wanted a .300 for a super short suppressed rifle, but I have avoided it for the reasons in this thread.

What are y’all talking about with the Lancer mags?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    When I had the BO, I used Lancer mags for this very reason.
    I only use USGI mags for my 300 BO and PMags for 5.56 for exactly that reason. That way there is no confusion about what goes where.

There are plenty of photos on BARFCOM with people doing exactly that and blowing up their uppers and barrels.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve always wanted a .300 for a super short suppressed rifle, but I have avoided it for the reasons in this thread.

What are y’all talking about with the Lancer mags?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I can tell you to check those Garand enbloc clips as a .270 will fire in the M1G! Yeah, it was a WTF moment, checked the rest and there was a few more scattered in. Gun was ok and I learned never to trust what' in a mag or "clip"
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I only use USGI mags for my 300 BO and PMags for 5.56 for exactly that reason. That way there is no confusion about what goes where.

There are plenty of photos on BARFCOM with people doing exactly that and blowing up their uppers and barrels.
    I did use tape or the big orange rubber bands that come with the interior door hinges as we had 100's of those being destroyed in the houses. Then though the mags would be better overall.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I did an article in one of the Guns & Ammo AR15 specials-- the 6/25/2019 edition. Yep it blowed up alright. Bullet stuck in the barrel; it got reeeaall long.
    We intentionally chambered a 110gr 300 BLK into a S&W MP15 chambered in 223/5.56. We weighted the rifle in place and used a piece of 550 cord to pull the trigger.

The mag blew and the upper receiver bent outward at the ejection port but the bolt and carrier held together. The extractor was destroyed but nothing else "failed" inside the gun. Other than the cartridge case, that is...

The bullet ended up an inch or two past the gas block. Yes. It got really long. Probably something like 2.5" long. Pretty amazing that the damage to the rifle wasn't more significant.

One thing of note is that it took two or three chamberings to get the bolt to close on the loaded round before our little "test." Hopefully this indicates that most 300 BLK rounds with a decent crimp will not chamber without some effort on the shooter's part...
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know someone that took a neighbor kid shooting and somehow the kid came across a .300 (he thought it was a whisper but could have been BO) laying around and stuffed it in a Sig M400 and wrecked it.

A guy I used to shoot matches with told me about a fellow club member that fired a .270 Win through a .25-06 Ruger 77 with no apparent ill effects other than sounding like cannon fire when the goof occurred.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 08-06-19 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Happened to me. It SUCKS! Someone (not me) had loaded a handful 5.56 on top of some 220 Grain 300BLK Subs in one of my magazines. I found out the hard way. Rifle was a total loss.
    Did the chamber or barrel explode? What happens?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I use emags for blackout and any other mags for 556.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast