Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Et tu, Dan Crenshaw?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by prepare; 08-23-19 at 04:10.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Post vids so we can see the thumb

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Pirate Dan is a politician.
    Politicians are shitbags.
    Therefore, Pirate Dan is a shitbag.

QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Someone ask him what he was fighting for if he is just going to come home and give it up for nothing.
    Politicians are not one of us, doesn't matter if you are a Ranger, Seal, Delta or lost an eye or a leg in battle. Once your elected to office, you are above everyone else.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just a personal experience from a while back.
    When my ex gave birth, her sister came to live with us to help take care of my Son. The Oklahoma bombing happened within weeks of me cutting off her phone privileges because she rang up $500.00 phone bills two months in a row.
    Remember the "other" guy who the feds were looking for?
    Guess who got turned in as a suspect? Wonder why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    D09AF5F4-083E-43A7-A932-44EA6B59AC39.jpg

Dan is dead to me.

Meeting with those hags legitimizes then. Not good.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    D09AF5F4-083E-43A7-A932-44EA6B59AC39.jpg

Dan is dead to me.

Meeting with those hags legitimizes then. Not good.
    MEh. If you don't meet with them, you are then a coward who won't face them. The MSM sanctifies, let alone legitimizes them.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    After listening to him on Joe Rogan, unless he was lying, I don't think he's switched sides or supports gun control. He was more interested in the 'why' and 'how' type questions because most of these killers fit a certain profile or many attributes of the 'disgruntled outcast with prior mental health issues' variety.

Having family and friends with mental health issues I can tell you 100% mental healthcare in this country sucks, and the media is one of the biggest recipients of Pharma ad dollars so the correlation between prior or current meds never get traction. Its not video games or access to firearms. These guys sit alone with no GF and no purpose until they snap and actually getting help is hard. You have to pay out of pocket for counseling/sessions and the meds they do give out can permanently alter your brain chemistry. Theres no magic pill out there that turns someone from an angry loser who can't get laid and/or has a fatalistic view of society into a functioning human who won't be a threat for self harm or harm to others.

Infringing on the rights of millions who don't fall into the threat category isn't going to work, though. We all know that but email or call your Rep's and Senators weekly to keep the pressure up. Most of these are fielded by staffers and get filed into a category the member will get briefed on. Make it short and don't give them a diatribe or wall of text. The staffers try to get through them as quickly as possible and they're looking for 'for or against' succinct messages.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    After listening to him on Joe Rogan, unless he was lying, I don't think he's switched sides or supports gun control. He was more interested in the 'why' and 'how' type questions because most of these killers fit a certain profile or many attributes of the 'disgruntled outcast with prior mental health issues' variety.

Having family and friends with mental health issues I can tell you 100% mental healthcare in this country sucks, and the media is one of the biggest recipients of Pharma ad dollars so the correlation between prior or current meds never get traction. Its not video games or access to firearms. These guys sit alone with no GF and no purpose until they snap and actually getting help is hard. You have to pay out of pocket for counseling/sessions and the meds they do give out can permanently alter your brain chemistry. Theres no magic pill out there that turns someone from an angry loser who can't get laid and/or has a fatalistic view of society into a functioning human who won't be a threat for self harm or harm to others.

Infringing on the rights of millions who don't fall into the threat category isn't going to work, though. We all know that but email or call your Rep's and Senators weekly to keep the pressure up. Most of these are fielded by staffers and get filed into a category the member will get briefed on. Make it short and don't give them a diatribe or wall of text. The staffers try to get through them as quickly as possible and they're looking for 'for or against' succinct messages.
    A lot of people back pedal publicly when what they do pisses people off.

What seems fairly common action among many of the mass killers is that they were known to be making threats up to and including the death variety, but it didn't seem to cause them any legal trouble. Meanwhile, it also isn't unusual for people who aren't a danger and make threats off the cuff or even joking to end up in the legal system. Might be worth trying to figure out why the serious ones dont seem to be getting many legal entanglements from their violent version of crazy.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    A lot of people back pedal publicly when what they do pisses people off.

What seems fairly common action among many of the mass killers is that they were known to be making threats up to and including the death variety, but it didn't seem to cause them any legal trouble. Meanwhile, it also isn't unusual for people who aren't a danger and make threats off the cuff or even joking to end up in the legal system. Might be worth trying to figure out why the serious ones dont seem to be getting many legal entanglements from their violent version of crazy.

The 1A is one of the most protected rights we have, and there have been court cases where even threats or incitement of violence are ruled ok as long as there's no imminent action. So it's really hard to roll people up for making vague threats online because a lot of it is protected speech. Add to that there's untold number of 'threats' posted online every single day, and there's just not enough resources to follow up and investigate the vast majority. Only the most specific and imminent of threats really will get looked at, and even then the file might sit on a desk for days/weeks/months before action is taken.

Then you have to work with the tech co's to get IP logs and user data which may or may not be evidence of anything. Its just a ton of work to investigate threats made online and actually get to a conviction that would rise to a felony level of making someone a prohibited person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think it is extremely difficult to prevent violent crime by first time offenders without becoming an Orwellian society. There is always risk in a free society and first time offenders is one of them.

But, I do think we gloss over many lesser crimes that had the subject been suffering some appropriate consequences along the way might have deterred him from escalating or at least reduced his time out roaming free.

And we need a better way to intervene with mental illness when it leads down these paths of violence. Most mentally ill fo not go on rampages but I find it hard to believe there are no reliable indicators before a killing occurs. Many of them seem to be withdrawn and caught up in violent fantasy. But even families have been prevented from intervening u til something terrible happens.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast