Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember this when some clown says people disrespecting the flag should be beaten

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From the story I would ass-u-me mental health issues?

At some point we have to admit, as a society that some folks are just not going to ever be able to live among people without creating a risk to other members of society - either because they are untreatable, won't stay on their meds, or willingly abuse drugs (alcohol is a drug).

Habitual drunk drivers as well as many of the homeless fit in this category.

Sadly, numerous members of this forum probably believe that this guy should possess firearms, because 'freedom is scary,' you know.
    Ok and? No reason the rest of need to be unnecessarily infringed upon because of it.

And for the record I took the same oath as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From the story I would ass-u-me mental health issues?

At some point we have to admit, as a society that some folks are just not going to ever be able to live among people without creating a risk to other members of society - either because they are untreatable, won't stay on their meds, or willingly abuse drugs (alcohol is a drug).

Habitual drunk drivers as well as many of the homeless fit in this category.

Sadly, numerous members of this forum probably believe that this guy should possess firearms, because 'freedom is scary,' you know.
    At some point folks are going to have to admit that there will always be people who present a risk to others in every society regardless of any law passed or taking away of material objects, rights etc- and it is just nonsense to think otherwise or believe you can stop it.

The only way to truly "stop" it would be to enslave everyone and destroy the very things that make us human and free in the first place. And still people would hurt and kill others. It would just be the people in total control doing all the hurting and killing in the name of "safety" and "the greater good".

Sadly, numerous people on this forum believe that Rights are just privelges and "safety" is a real thing that exists.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Early 20's Curt Brockway must have been super busy taking care of all the people with mini US flags cocked out their car windows and similar breaches of etiquette.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    And THANK YOU. A lot of kids, and sadly even some adults, have never been taught or learned some of this shit and if you just show them half will actually appreciate it. When I was a kid I was thinking about lots of other stuff and would sometimes forget, some old timer would remind me and I'd be like "Oh crap, thanks."

If we can't fix the easy shit like a grown up adult then how are we ever gonna fix the hard stuff where we truly are never gonna agree?
    I help out with local JROTC units in high schools, including a chaperone for field trips and events. In March 2017, I took a group to White Sands Army base and they were there as a Bataan March team. Around 7000 participants for the 26.2 mile march/walk. On sign-in day before the event, we were driving on base at 17:00 when Retreat sounded. I slammed on the brakes, and had these cadets dismount the pickup, stand at attention with hand over heart while I rendered the salute.

As a junior officer early in my career, I dealt with a lot of personnel issues. You encounter people from all walks of life and all kinds of personalities. I was also a young dad at the time. I would encounter people with minor issues or serious issues. A priority is to always see if the Army's investment in time and money can be salvaged before soldiers getting chaptered out or worse. Another priority is the human factor to provide coaching and mentorship to soldiers, which usually means referral to a senior non-com if it required greater hands-on work.

Life is about learning and growing - a 13 year old kid is still at a time where there's opportunity for teaching. That ass who attacked the kid would have gotten a left hook from me in the face.
    Last edited by OH58D; 08-07-19 at 08:00.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I’m just talking shit. The real irony is that I’m the last person of all I served with to give a shit about stolen valor or stuff like this. I fought for that kids right to not have to do anything while the national anthem is played.

The guy ****ed up and was probably not looking to seriously hurt the kid. I read that the kid cursed him out when he said something to him.

I just think it’s funny that he had to learn the hard way that when you run your mouth you could get your skull fractured and most folks take their hat off for the anthem.
    What sort of bi-polar stupid as shit statement is this?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I’m just talking shit. The real irony is that I’m the last person of all I served with to give a shit about stolen valor or stuff like this. I fought for that kids right to not have to do anything while the national anthem is played.

The guy ****ed up and was probably not looking to seriously hurt the kid. I read that the kid cursed him out when he said something to him.

I just think it’s funny that he had to learn the hard way that when you run your mouth you could get your skull fractured and most folks take their hat off for the anthem.
    I agree completely with that first sentence.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    “A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.”
    Indeed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These types are the TSA of patriotism. They love the pageantry of it more than the underlying meaning.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    What's worse is, "A Mineral County man has been killed by onlookers after slamming a child to the ground during the national anthem at the Mineral County fairgrounds." wasn't the first paragraph.
    Other side of the same coin.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Other side of the same coin.
    Using deadly force against someone over a breach of protocol is the same as using deadly force to stop someone using deadly force over being offended? Not seeing that one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast