Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone run a Vortex Razor 1-6x on their issue M4A1?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yeah, if you’re a WSL, you definitely need a laser rangefinder with some magnification. A magnified optic with rangefinding features is a good backup. Actually shooting with it, while not unimportant, is secondary to employing the real guns, as you already know. I had mine zero’d and loaded with nothing but tracers for marking in my first couple mags when I was a WSL.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, if you’re a WSL, you definitely need a laser rangefinder with some magnification. A magnified optic with rangefinding features is a good backup. Actually shooting with it, while not unimportant, is secondary to employing the real guns, as you already know. I had mine zero’d and loaded with nothing but tracers for marking in my first couple mags when I was a WSL.
    This is what I'm looking at picking up- w discount it's $300
    https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-rang...gefinders.html
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Download a copy of Strelok and play around with it. I think that goes a long way towards making a better informed decision on scopes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The Tango 6T 1-6 scopes have very good glass and reticle choices. The hellfire m855a1 reticle is SFP and works decently as a red dot on 1x, just have to get used to the rest of the reticle. I have 7.62 version on an SR25 and I’m really enjoying getting to know the hold overs but being FFP I’m finding it to be very fast at multiple distances. Just mounted the Horseshoe dot on my .300 Blackout, haven’t shot with it yet. All of them have excellent illumination. I kind of wish the horseshoe was SFP so the reticle was much larger at 1x. I’ll have to see how that plays out. Still lots of training required on my part to move intuitively through what the scopes are capable of.
    Last edited by ryanm; 08-13-19 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    This is what I'm looking at picking up- w discount it's $300
    https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-rang...gefinders.html
    I have the 1300 I think, I like it. Vortex has been good to me on several occasions so I like sticking with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    The Tango 6T 1-6 scopes have very good glass and reticle choices. The hellfire m885a1 reticle is SFP and works decently as a red dot on 1x, just have to get used to the rest of the reticle. I have 7.62 version on an SR25 and I’m really enjoying getting to know the hold overs but being FFP I’m finding it to be very fast at multiple distances. Just mounted the Horseshoe dot on my .300 Blackout, haven’t shot with it yet. All of them have excellent illumination. I kind of wish the horseshoe was SFP so the reticle was much larger at 1x. I’ll have to see how that plays out. Still lots of training required on my part to move intuitively through what the scopes are capable of.
    A more indepth review / photos would be appreciated, as you are the first to really speak about them firsthand.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Will do. Can already say I prefer the FFP scopes over the Hellfire M855a1 reticle. May actually venture into doing a YouTube video. Will compare to Vortex as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123