Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone run a Vortex Razor 1-6x on their issue M4A1?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I only shot with BDC for a while, now I have a MOA NX8. My first time out at the range I was able to use the reticle fairly easily. There was some guess work, but once I got hits at 550yds, I remembered "400yds was this stadia line, which means this much MOA" at each distance.

For unknown distances, I guess you could range estimate then go off of your known drops on your reticle.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Since it hasn’t come up yet, the JM-1 reticle hashmarks are 1/2 the width of an E-type at their nominal ranges. Might be worth considering if you are getting an optic with the intent of cognitive offloading under stress.

It would be really nice to see some simple auto-ranging reticles designed for M855a1 from a 14.5” with a high mount. Bonus points for SFP.

I wouldn’t put my weapon in the arms room with my personal optic on it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It would be really nice to see some simple auto-ranging reticles designed for M855a1 from a 14.5” with a high mount. Bonus points for SFP.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/sot61...24mm-30mm.html

This is the only optic I'm tracking with an A1 specific reticle that meets the above.
    Last edited by GTF425; 08-08-19 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/sot61...24mm-30mm.html

This is the only optic I'm tracking with an A1 specific reticle that meets the above.
    I forgot about that one- I know it won the Army bid for SDM optic but I'm skeptical of anything Sig. I've heard they hired a bunch of engineers from Leupold but I still think I'll wait for more feedback. The 1-6x Razor's been around for awhile and has a bit of real world use so I have trust in the system, plus I shot a friends and loved it.

I've had personally owned furniture on my rifle for years and no one's ever messed with it, but maybe it's a little naive to leave a $1300 optic set up in the arms room.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I forgot about that one- I know it won the Army bid for SDM optic but I'm skeptical of anything Sig. I've heard they hired a bunch of engineers from Leupold but I still think I'll wait for more feedback. The 1-6x Razor's been around for awhile and has a bit of real world use so I have trust in the system, plus I shot a friends and loved it.

I've had personally owned furniture on my rifle for years and no one's ever messed with it, but maybe it's a little naive to leave a $1300 optic set up in the arms room.
    Dude signs out his rifle-

Dude “hey man, wheres my baller scope?”
    Armorer “huh?”
    Dude “I had a Vortex on here”
    Armorer “it went to the next level of maintenance pre deployment, maybe they yanked it?.?.?.”
    Dude “nah man; WTF”
    Armorer “C’est la Army.”
    Dude “BS!!! I’m gonna hit up the XO!”
    XO “you had civilian stuff in the arms room?”
    Dude “yeah, and it grew legs!”
    XO “ C’est la Army”
    Dude “what the ddhhfac kgdf ffjfz! I’m going to ghjf kfd you dfhdders!!! Jeebus wffing fried chicken!!!”
    XO “you need to calm down lest ninja punch.”
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    Yeah, I've searched high and low for reviews on the Tango4 (discontinued) and Tango6, but all you hear are <crickets, crickets>. Yeah they won the contract but I bet it'll be awhile before they pry those Razors out of the hands of SOCOM guys.

Supposedly the Tango6 & Razor are both made in the same Japanese factory by LOW, but until the SIG topics sees some serious street time, I'd pass for a personal buy.

I guess it just depends on your unit and your relationship with the arms room guys. It might attract more attention from the Armorers to finger bang, mess with. Honestly with a solid RTZ QD, I'd just take it off maybe?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've been in the unit for 7 years now and because we're Guard, aside from the supply Sgt people aren't in the Arms Room often, and when they are generally my weapon is out with me. Still, it's HQ guys running it and like every unit since the beginning of time- we don't exactly send the best over there. Good thing that LaRue mount is QD...

I was planning getting a Razor with a JM-1 reticle for my personal 11.5 SBR, so I might take that to the field a few times and see how practical it is. As the Weapons Squad Leader it'd be nice to have the magnification for PID alone. A month ago I called up an OPFOR Stryker that ended up being a large OD green bush... I shit you not. In my defense I quickly realized my mistake AND there ended up being an OPFOR Stryker about 50m below it. Getting old sucks...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    My best friend as WSL was a good laser range finder. If you wanna go manual ranging, the Recce Pro monocular is another option.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    My best friend as WSL was a good laser range finder. If you wanna go manual ranging, the Recce Pro monocular is another option.
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to pick one up stat.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Guess I'm just curious seeing that the PEQ is part of the equation. I assume its paired with a PVS14? Do you really want that scope as your low light optic and have to always be messing with the illumination? Its not going to be as robust as your Aimpoint. What about just adding a magnifier that you can add and remove as needed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast