Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Upper FTF

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Upper FTF

Update:

The upper is fine. The Geissele Super 42 kit is too heavy for the gas system. A blue springco is on order and, pending testing, a second update will follow.

It is a Triarc 13.9 if anyone is interested.

Original:

I recently purchased a complete upper from a reputable company that is failing to feed. I also have new mags (lancer) that I am running. They were loaded for two months prior to the new upper break in. The mags fed fine in my PWS and Lwrc DI.

I’m also noticing what appears to be a great deal of gas on the barrel just after the gas block. I’m going out for a second run and will test the mags further, but does it seem like I have a gas block issue?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MC_Oper8or; 08-09-19 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What type feed issue is it exactly?
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Failure to feed from a gas block issue? Is it like a double feed? Short stroke?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Yeah, need more data on this. As far as the gas leak, you might want to post some pics to determine normal or excessive. A lot of new gas systems will leak a little until they seal up, unless you have a really tight fit ala FSB. Does it eject spent brass?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Yeah, need more data on this. As far as the gas leak, you might want to post some pics to determine normal or excessive. A lot of new gas systems will leak a little until they seal up, unless you have a really tight fit ala FSB. Does it eject spent brass?
    It appears to be short stroking. It will eject just fine to the 4 o'clock, but will not chamber the next round or gets on the next round in the mag.

It's a 13.9 Midlength with a Geissele super 42 kit. H1 buffer. 5.56 55gr ball ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you loaded a single round in the mag and performed a lock back check?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Have you loaded a single round in the mag and performed a lock back check?
    I did get 10 or so rounds to fire without interruption a few times resulting in lock back, but no single round test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you taken a photo of the malfunction......or can you describe it more fully.

A lock-back check is an effective test. I performed about 20 of them a couple days ago with a new 11.5" Sionics RGP upper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    I recently purchased a complete upper from a reputable company that is failing to feed
    What weight buffer are you using?

Do you have an aftermarket buffer spring?

If you are using a carbine or H (H1) buffer, based on what you are describing, I'd certainly contact the company. Heck, if you think there is too much blow by under the gas block I would also call them. Some leakage -especially around the tube - isn't abnormal, it will generally seal itself after some carbon builds up.

Despite the fact that I would want to play with my new toy, I'd be calling the company.

JMO.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-08-19 at 20:11.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Op, call the company and get back to me via pm.

Read the rules
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast