Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: NO New Assault Weapons Ban

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Just the left one in our position, they would go after money and resources. The left would ask for money for gun ranges. That way people have a way to responsibly learn how to use their firearms.
    I want UBCs for alcohol purchases and mandatory drivers ed training nationwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A thought that just crossed my mind. The left is always clamoring on about UBCs, Would couldn't a LiveScan be sufficient? It's been about a decade since I had one done, but LiveScans are used for a ton of different things, job applications being one of them. Why couldn't it be where you go and get a LiveScan done, you bring the printout to the LGS that says you're gtg, or a printout that has a code and phone number that they LGS calls and they are told that you're gtg, that way the Gov doesn't know if you're getting the LiveScan done for a job, a gun, or some other reason. I don't know the limitations of the system but this idea just popped into my head.

I've done a few FTF sales when and where it was legal, and I honestly prefer it, no paper trail at all, but if the UBC must be implemented, why not use a system already in place being used for multiple things so as not to be a back door registration?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I want UBCs for alcohol purchases and mandatory drivers ed training nationwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and to buy any product with more than 30 grams of sugar; you must use one of those BMI machines to prove you are under 15%. Right on the spot at the register. We cant just let the fatties keep hurting themselves right???
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    I agree. Select fire and over-the-counter suppressors is what I propose for a compromise. Asking too much?
    Rule #1 if negotiation- ask for too much.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyone who thinks this is a win is an imbecile. A NICS check would not have stopped a single mass shooting. When it doesn’t stop the next one, what will they take next?

As a veteran who was diagnosed with “PTSD” and had depression in the past, I’m concerned with the red flag laws and background checks as they get more and more in depth.
    Last edited by CPM; 08-09-19 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is a win is an imbecile. A NICS check would not have stopped a single mass shooting. When it doesn’t stop the next one, what will they take next?

As a veteran who was diagnosed with “PTSD” and had depression in the past, I’m concerned with the red flag laws and background checks as they get more and more in depth.
    They know it won’t stop anything......it’s all part of the plan. Every restriction conditions the public for more restrictions

See here
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/s...apon-myth.html
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Maybe no AWB, but wait for the pistol brace to be done away with via executive fiat ala bump stocks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    If there to be a background check bill we need to get something in our side. This should be a true compromise where both parties come away with something . We just seem to always be giving up crap.
    That, brother, is how compromise goes when it comes to the RKBA.

You have a nice sandwich. A lib walks up and says "Gimme your sammich." You say "Get fvcked." He says "Okay, just gimme half then." You give him half. What just happened here?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post

Sadly, you are correct to be concerned. If you do happen to go to the VA do NOT mention firearms.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I was talking to a buddy earlier about RFL's and how gun owners will have to completely disassociate themselves from leftists including family members, and those laws will turn a legal act into a grey area at best and black at worst. Take for instance family gatherings around the holidays. We've already seen the past few years and all the stories about leftists getting angry at Trump voters. Say a leftist cousin or aunt or whoever shows up at a Thanksgiving dinner, they bring up politics, get angry at you, and a couple of days later the police show up at your house at 2AM to take all your guns because they filed a red flag on you. They can say they felt threatened and feared 'you' might retaliate against them. Boom your guns/rights are gone and you'll at best have to get a lawyer, take time off work, and you'll get your guns back reasonably quickly. Worst case...well you just don't ever get your rights back and maybe some court ordered anger management classes...who knows what kind of ****ed up shit these deep blue judges will do.

They already tried this bullshit with the No Fly List and no Due Process to take away rights. This is an end around to get past what the traditional meaning of Due Process is and what's actually acceptable in taking away the rights of citizens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast