Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protecting Our Communities from Gun Violence by Elizabeth Warren

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Protecting Our Communities from Gun Violence by Elizabeth Warren

Here are are a few highlights from Sen Warren’s anti liberty platform announced yesterday:

We will rescind the Trump-era rules...that lower the standards for purchasing a gun, and those that make it easier to create untraceable weapons or modify weapons in ways that circumvent the law. This includes overturning Trump-era policies enabling 3-D printed guns, regulating 80% receivers as firearms, and reversing the ATF ruling that allows a shooter to convert a pistol to a short-barreled rifle using pistol braces.

Creating a federal licensing system. States with strict licensing requirements experience lower rates of gun trafficking and violence. A license is required to drive a car, and Congress should establish a similarly straightforward federal licensing system for the purchase of any type of firearm or ammunition.

It’s time for Congress to raise those [tax] rates — to 30% on guns and 50% on ammunition — both to reduce new gun and ammunition sales overall and to bring in new federal revenue that we can use for gun violence prevention and enforcement of existing gun laws.

Congress should limit the number of guns that can be purchased to one per month

Passing a new federal assault weapons ban. The 1994 federal assault weapons ban successfully reduced gun deaths but was allowed to expire ten years later. Congress should again ban the future production, sale, and importation of military-style assault weapons, and require individuals already in possession of assault weapons to register them under the National Firearms Act.

Banning high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Unfortunately there is a lot more. Interesting that she is calling out 80% lowers and pistol braces in specific.

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/prote...e-a2ebf7abd9be
    Last edited by Korgs130; 08-11-19 at 02:13.

Feedback Score
    Some how there is a good bow and arrow control joke in here...

“My people, more than anyone, understand the danger of white men with guns ....”

Indian-giver on 2A rights?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "States with strict licensing requirements experience lower rates of gun trafficking and violence"

Really? It's because the anti-gun folks can say shit like this with a straight face, and not get called out on it by the media, that I am pessimistic about the future. I live in Illinois, which has some of the nation's most strict gun laws, and also has Chicago.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Taxes taxes taxes..... That money goes straight to their pockets..... F*ck them all....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

“My people, more than anyone, understand the danger of white men with guns ....”

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Somebody educated that nutbag on guns. The only thing I'm in favor of is "Limit to buying one gun per month" . My budget would give her a hug.

Just joshing. I hope these extreme Dems dig their own hole they can't escape from in 20.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Warren 1/2020th....

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    "States with strict licensing requirements experience lower rates of gun trafficking and violence"

Really? It's because the anti-gun folks can say shit like this with a straight face, and not get called out on it by the media, that I am pessimistic about the future. I live in Illinois, which has some of the nation's most strict gun laws, and also has Chicago.
    The slight of hand is the use of state level data. Illinois is a great example of where a handful of zip codes have all the violence, but that is swamped by the rest of the 60XXX zip codes. They literally 'white wash' the data through the inclusion of the suburbs and downstate.

CO and Denver is going sideways on crime right now. Property crime in Denver is going crazy and for some reason the UBC and mag limits haven't reduced the murder rates.

See my post on the mass shootings from the time Mag cover. Five cities, 20% of the mass shootings. Chicago and Baltimore among the five- with strict gun laws that everyone is pushing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

The slight of hand is the use of state level data. Illinois is a great example of where a handful of zip codes have all the violence, but that is swamped by the rest of the 60XXX zip codes. They literally 'white wash' the data through the inclusion of the suburbs and downstate.
    I live in downstate Illinois and this is 100% correct. Big surprise that the vast majority of gun violence perpetrators ignore our universal gun licensing (FOID) and CCW Laws.
    Last edited by Korgs130; 08-11-19 at 16:42.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast