G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get 5.45x39 barrel and bolt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I don't recommend it. As someone who burned thru 2 5.45 bbls it's not worth it anymore. Unless you have a stack of 7n6 spam cans somewhere.
    What about a wall, with a small opening as a doorway, some windows, and little turrets- like a little fort made entirely of stacked tins of ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    What about a wall, with a small opening as a doorway, some windows, and little turrets- like a little fort made entirely of stacked tins of ammo?
    I thought you didnít like 5.45 anymore? I, myself, do have a huge stockpile of 7n6. I have a love-hate relationship with 5.45.
    RLTW

ďThat is why there isn't an AK chart.Ē -SteyrAUG
    ďThey eat tide pods also so what's your point?Ē Retrorevolver77

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I thought you didn’t like 5.45 anymore? I, myself, do have a huge stockpile of 7n6. I have a love-hate relationship with 5.45.

I have some but wonder if I'd ever run it all. I bought it back when I used to run about 5K a month but haven't done that in years. Partly because they closed two public ranges here in my state for repair and then another private range except by appointment only. Nothing is left but indoor ranges and they won't let me use that ammo.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-29-19 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Nothing is left but indoor ranges and they won't let me use that ammo.
    Here's 5.45x39 copper jacket.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...fmj-mil-spec-a
    Problem solved. I'm sure you could get good money for that 7n6. Think of it as rotating your inventory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Here's 5.45x39 copper jacket.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...fmj-mil-spec-a
    Problem solved. I'm sure you could get good money for that 7n6. Think of it as rotating your inventory.
    I also have 5.56 AK's, AR's, and AUG's along with 7.62x39 AK's so finding something to shoot at the indoor range that isn't steel core isn't an issue. I just have to many different AK's in different calibers. Looking at things objectively, keeping your AK's in the original 7.62x39 caliber is probably the way to go and keeping AR's in their original 5.56NATO caliber is the best way to go. Course once you run an AK in 5.56 or 5.45, you realize that they are just as accurate or close to it- with AR's.

Feedback Score
    Stop being so logical. If I thought that way I wouldn't be looking to build a 5.45x39 AR15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Stop being so logical. If I thought that way I wouldn't be looking to build a 5.45x39 AR15.

How to create your own SHTF logistical nightmare. Scenario, power grid down due to large storm covering four states, lights have been off now going on three weeks. The Leroy Jenkins gang already looted their neighborhood but are now hitting newer neighborhoods farther out. They are roaming the neighborhood looking supplies, you are holed up with some neighbors getting ready to defend yourselves.

No that rifle is in 6.8, those are in 300 blackout, the two over there are in 5.45- see the mags are in the boxes here and here, but these are in 5.56 which is the same as .223. The AK's are in 5.56, 7.62, and 5.45 see the difference in the rounds? No that's 300 blackout these are 7.62x39- notice the shoulder is different and little narrower at the base because these are necked up, oh for ****s sake. Listen up people the caliber is marked on the side of the receiver here on AK rifles but on AR's they might be marked on the barrel as the receiver can be marked multi caliber. Multi caliber doesn't mean necessarily it can take any caliber. Wait what? You don't know the difference between an AK and AR? Nope you rock these mags in like this but these mags you just push straight in- see. You're grabbing the wrong ****ing mags, those mags are for 9mm 1911's not 45 ACP. These Hi Power mags look similar to these P228 mags but they are slightly different see? Who just dumped .40 cal in with 9mm- seriously? Are you stupid?

Feedback Score
    Funny and so true. That's what happens when you try to turn a collection in to an armory. BTW, the particular receiver set that I got for this 5.45x39 build actually has a lower receiver that's marked 5.45x39. I also have a 6.5 Grendel AR15 and a 7.62x39 AR15 that are both marked as such on their lower receivers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those who donít miss 5.45 uppers have no heart. Those who seek their return have no brain.

Kinda cheeky but unless you literally bought crates of the 7N6 during the heyday then you are chasing the dragon.

I like 5.45 but not that much.

Feedback Score
    Same, 7n6 was a smart round to stockpile when it was cheap.
    Not as accurate as even cheap Federal or Wolf Gold .223 but a fun round.
    Itíll be a while before I burn thru the last tin of mine but even at todayís prices I wouldnít sell it.

Would like to put another carbine or pistol upper together but parts are few and far between these days. Canít remember the last 5.45x39 barrel Iíve seen.

Iíve not heard of issues with melonite or nitride barrels and 5.45x39 extraction. Anyone else? I thought all the Adams Arms barrels were nitride, not heard of issues with those.

BTW if anyone is thinking of a pistol build, Moriarti Arms has a pistol length upper w/stainless steel barrel for $350 plus $125 for their BCG.
    Last edited by wanderson; 08-31-19 at 06:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12