Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun to drive used car $25k or less?

Feedback Score

Fun to drive used car $25k or less?

Preferably V8. Or at least must sound good.

Manual trans. (Must)

Prefer RWD.

Car. Not truck, not SUV.

Not ancient. OBD II or later. (IOW about 1996 on)

Willing to mod a little. Cant be unreliable.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    4th gen Camaro.
    LS1.
    6spd.

Mod as desired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    04 to 06 GTO. Mustang GT early 6th gen and 5th gen can be had for that. So can the 03 to 04 cobra. Camaro SS. Mazda miata with an LS swap would be extremely fun but you'd need money in the bank for that. 4 doors would be Chevy SS, dodge charger hemi and some early 392s can probably be had for that. There are many choices

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nissan 370Z. RWD 6 speed manual. Mods including exhaust, suspension, and engine all the way up to a turbo conversion putting out 600 HP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can get into a last gen Mustang or Camaro for that pretty easy. Probably a Challenger too.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    2003-2004 Mustang Cobra.

Factory supercharged with forged internals (rods, pistons, crankshaft). If you ever decide you want more power, the DOHC four valve modular motors in those cars are extremely responsive to boost. They also, IMO, are the best sounding motor ever made.

They also hold their value very well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    C5 corvette
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    2003-2004 Mustang Cobra.

Factory supercharged with forged internals (rods, pistons, crankshaft). If you ever decide you want more power, the DOHC four valve modular motors in those cars are extremely responsive to boost. They also, IMO, are the best sounding motor ever made.

They also hold their value very well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Needs more GM F-body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My 07 Mustang GT 5/M has been reliable and fun. A GTO, F-Body or Corvette will run off and hide from it though. The GTO is cool because they used a lot of readily available GM parts and they are pretty fast. I think a Camara or Firebird has the best appreciation potential.

In my experience, Chrysler will not meet your requirement for reliability. I never owned a Challenger, though. Maybe they are better than the Cirrus, Intrepid and Durango I do have some time with.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-11-19 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Consider a NA Miata. I got mine for $3600 and it is more fun than my old S2000 or my old 2011 Mustang GT (which was fun, but it was really just good at accelerating). I will say, the S2000 was a better car but for $3600 I am a helluva lot less concerned about rocks and dirt on the old Miata. Obviously the old Mustang sounded Glorious. I put a Ford Sport muffler on it which added no power but had an amazing sound. The Miata is quiet. Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast