Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I am going to refocus on 1911s and my new carry blaster is a Wilson Lightweight

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With Sig and Glock hitting the market with their 10rd wonders recently I almost wonder if someone on the inside tipped them off that 10 would be the new max capacity.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Agree and made that comment myself in another thread here recently. It's basically one legal threat that's less likely to be a hassle for 1911 shooters. But in fairness, won't the plastic gun manufacturers just quickly crank up their production for options like this? I don't see them rolling over and giving up all those sales due to mag changes.....

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/smith-we...194420000.html
    I’ve got 10 rounders for my Glock 17s. Would prefer my .45 1911 any day. Still shoot it better and faster than ANY tupperware pistola:)
    As always - YMMV.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    I’ve got 10 rounders for my Glock 17s. Would prefer my .45 1911 any day. Still shoot it better and faster than ANY tupperware pistola
    As always - YMMV.

geezer john
    Yes I'm with you there. What I had said in the other thread was, if faced with a state-imposed 10rd mag limit, I'd rather be shooting my 9mm 1911 with 10 rds vs an M&P Gen 2 with same capacity.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    With Sig and Glock hitting the market with their 10rd wonders recently I almost wonder if someone on the inside tipped them off that 10 would be the new max capacity.
    Just good biz, planning ahead. Already reality in some states, the grabbers will be trying it in others, including my home state here in WA. The atty gen is already talking about hi cap mag bans after latest shootings.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I took out three blasters today. Shot 100 rounds of 115 Blazer and 50 rounds of 124 Blazer B and accidentally about 4 HST before I realized I was shooting my cary ammo. I shot it against my Beretta which is probably my all time favorite 9mm and"Christine" my possibly cursed Wilson CWB Elite. All the guns ran perfectly (I ran steel garbage through the Beretta). I did a series of El Prez drills, Devil or 6/6/6 drills (which I do from concealment) and was able to make time with all the guns, including the full power .45. I was not able to clear 6 seconds with the Beretta cold but was able to make it on the second pass. I noticed a few things.

1. the Officers' grip, even with the mag well, doesn't lock in the grip quite as nicely as the full size. I have exactly average sized hands, and it isn't that my hand hangs off the bottom, it just doesn't inspire quite as much confidence. Some of this may be acclimation as I did notice it less as I ran though the drills.

2. I can't tell any difference between the u-notch and square notch when shooting. I originally intended to swap out the square to match my U-notch on the CQB Elite. I think that would probably be a waste of money now that I have a little practice.

3. The large orange front sight is faster, but feels less precise...initially. When I shot my Beretta at first I found it easier to shoot precisely with the finer tritium sights. But after hammering 50 rounds with the .45 and 150 with the ULC I realized it is really just a different sight. I did walk back with the 9mm all the way to 50 yards while shooting at an A-zone sized target and I just didn't find the large sight to be a hinderance.

I picked up a bunch of spare mags. I am now running 2 9s and 1 10.

This gun has now run 677 rounds without a single hiccup or even hint of a hiccup. I did clean it as it past the 500 round mark. I think I am going to just clean it every 500

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

50 147 HST
    68 147 Hydra Shock
    50 147 Ranger T
    100 124 grain Blazer brass
    150 115 Atlanta Arms (reloads at range)
    50 115 Blazer brass
    9 124 Gold Dot
    50 S&B 115
    100 blaser brass 115
    50 124 Blaser Brass
    3 147 HST
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Sell that cursed Christine ! Maybe you can find a Pro at a good price

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    She would just come back.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Fake ivory grips while I ponder pricey investment in real thing

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Those are beautiful, but will sure be slick and hard to grip well in the hot GA summers. Anything more practical that doesn't do Wilson's advertising from 20 feet away? Not that there's anything with that.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Those are beautiful, but will sure be slick and hard to grip well in the hot GA summers. Anything more practical that doesn't do Wilson's advertising from 20 feet away? Not that there's anything with that.
    Ken Hackathorn uses ivory stocks on his carry guns and has stated that they've helped him develop a very strong grip.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast