Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OK, I am going to refocus on 1911s and my new carry blaster is a Wilson Lightweight

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I get the feeling that he lost focus.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am still shooting my 1911s! But yes my usp 45s have been getting some work lately!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I picked up an Ed Brown EVO KC9 last month and have been shooting it twice a week since picking it up and have about 900 rounds downrange now. I traded my last 2 Glocks plus some cash for it, but have zero regrets. I think it will be soon replacing my Les Baer TRS as my daily carry gun. The only problem I have had with the KC9 is letting my wife shoot it (she wants one now lol).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve been a Glock guy. I picked up a 1911 recently and I’m thinking about, after mastering the trigger and safety regime, carrying a 1911. I’m curious if you leave yours cocked and locked for long periods (what is long?) or if you decock and reload the round? Obviously set back is a concern as is spring tension.

Any thoughts including get out of my thread accepted.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I’ve been a Glock guy. I picked up a 1911 recently and I’m thinking about, after mastering the trigger and safety regime, carrying a 1911. I’m curious if you leave yours cocked and locked for long periods (what is long?) or if you decock and reload the round? Obviously set back is a concern as is spring tension.

Any thoughts including get out of my thread accepted.
    Leaving your 1911 cocked is not an issue. You could always replace springs at predetermined intervals if you prefer.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Col. Jeff Cooper related having fired a 1911 that had been “condition 1” for over 50 years.

It went bang each time he pressed trigger to slide lock, mag had been fully loaded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Obviously set back is a concern as is spring tension.
    With modern metals at least... It is the cycling of the spring that wears it out, not leaving it compressed. IMHO, the more that you shoot it will require more spring maintenance... Just like it will on your Sig, Glock, HK ect..

I am a lifetime Sig guy. The more I handle and research a 1911, the more I like the platform. I still mostly EDC a P365 or J-frame, but the 1911 is rapidly getting more carry time. My Wilson Supergrade is the nightstand gun... Yes... A 1911. If you'd have told me 20 years ago I'd have a 1911 and actually USE it for defense, I'd have laughed at you.

Enjoy the new 1911.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567