Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory Nitride Freedom M4 Carbine Review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    This. PSA makes fudd guns. And good on them, they're obviously doing well. For every discerning AR guy, there are 50 fudds. Quantity over quality. Capitalism, baby.
    Discerning "AR guy". Quality over quantity. If forced to keep only one, the PSA would stay. *shrugs*
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The funny thing is there's probably tons of good ol' boys with PSAs that go blast tons of Wolf regularly, while guys like me, who can afford the better guns, own them and only are able to go shoot them every now and then. I'm doing really well to get an hour or two of range time every month.

I have to admit I'm one of those types who buys the nicer stuff because I don't have time to go shoot much and it makes me feel better to at least think my more expensive guns will work if/when I'm able to shoot them.

In a firefight you probably want the blue collar guy with the nasty PSA and 5k of Wolf through it next to you than me with my "top tier" stuff.

Feedback Score
    Im not sure blasting wolf ammo into a pile of dirt an arms length away translates into proficiency or effectiveness in a firefight. Maybe their trigger fingers don't get tired as quickly as mine would...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I notice the finish on the barrel od the PSA is shiny compared to the colt, not sure what the finish is called, the handguards feel cheap and flimsy. butt stock feels the same way. Besides that, they look/feel the same (specs aside). Never compared other parts side by side. But i shot them side by side. At 100 yards, they shot the same.
    The PSA finish is likely nitride. You grouped them both at 100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Much rather do that with a 400 dollar ar-15 then a 1500 dollar colt.
    Trying to figure out how people are paying $1500 for colt carbines. Typical price for a Colt similar to the PSA in this article is $800. It's been as cheap as $700 in the highest I've seen it recently has been $850 to 900.

Yes that's more than a basic PSA carbine on sale, no doubt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    Im not sure blasting wolf ammo into a pile of dirt an arms length away translates into proficiency or effectiveness in a firefight. Maybe their trigger fingers don't get tired as quickly as mine would...
    How do you KNOW that THATS what PSA users are doing? Ive seen that at ranges for 45 years plus now..decades before PSA existed, and frankly speaking, Ive seen it more with AK's & SKS's than any other weapon.
    Thats some elitist, snobbish shit youre spoutin dude, and it needs to stop NOW.
    I wish I could meet you on a range and put my experience & PSA rifle up against yours. You wouldnt say dumb shit like that again.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 08-13-19 at 11:25.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The PSA finish is likely nitride. You grouped them both at 100?

Yes, i might have the targets still. With a mapgul plastic rear site on the PSA. The groups where the same. All in a the 1" bullseye.
    Last edited by robbins290; 08-13-19 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Who buys a $500 AR15?

The people who are going to shoot milspec 5.56x45 at $0.30-0.50/rd, .223 Rem target loads at $0.20-0.25/rd, or <GASP> ComBlok Steel case at $0.18-0.20/rd?

Yeah, they buy the cheap stuff. Add the Tasco red dot, with the ProMag 30rd and the $20 bipod.

Also typically people who have never shot an AR15 before, so a little more 'thump' doesn't matter for the 50/rds a year they fire it, then don't clean or lube it for 10 years.
    I know guys with multiple KAC rifles that shoot nothing but steel cased.

The crap inferred about someone based solely on the brand or cost of their rifle is stupid.

Just one man's "ain't worth shit" opinion.
    Last edited by phixion; 08-13-19 at 11:20.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In a firefight I want next to me the guy I saw a few months ago at the range. I am not making this up:

1. White male, about 60, crisply pressed khaki shorts, golf shirt tucked in.

2. KAC 18" barrel rifle, which had attached to it:

a. Trijicon scope
    b. Green light
    c. Red laser
    d. White flashlight
    e. Quad rail
    f. Magpul furniture
    g. Red dot atop scope
    h. Bipod
    i. Front hand grip
    j. Muzzle brake
    k. Angled iron backup sights

This rifle must have cost $5000, weighed 13 pounds, and took 3 different kinds of batteries to get fired up.

3. Story ain't over yet: he had THREE of these, one black, one olive drab, one desert tan. All appeared to be brand new.

That's the guy I need with me if the L.A. Riot comes to TX.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 08-13-19 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Palmetto State Armory Nitride Freedom M4 Carbine Review

Let’s all chill out a bit, there’s way too much emotion here for no reason. At the end of the day, the only bad gun owners are the ones like the Walmart dumbass that want attention. Who cares if they have a PSA and shoot steel ammo (me) or a KAC and quality brass ammo (also me). As long as they’re on our side, it’s a good thing. So is $500 ARs and $150 uppers. Appreciate it for what it is.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast