May not be a shocker to many, but having a try before you buy or return policy plan when looking for AIWB holsters after hernia repair is a good idea to keep from adding to the holster box. I have been using AIWB holsters since just before back to back years of hernia repair 2010 & 2011, but usually with small pistols(although starting to add a G19 AIWB in to the mix) without issue.

This past weekend a buddy mentioned having a mini weaponlight for sale along with a couple of wider footprint light bearing AIWB holsters (incog/bravo) so I got to try first and I quickly got a reminder of where the repaired area scar tissue was located when bending over or sitting down where the lower edge focused the pressure. I could mimic that discomfort by position my G19 not so wide Comptac more to the midline of my abdomen. Kind of an interesting thing considering normal IWB/OWB holsters and mag pouches have almost always been more comfortable with a wider foot print (ie, double 1911 mag carrier vs. single due to less focus on a small area) but I guess cut nerves tend to produce unusual sensations.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind when looking in to this carry option and of course YMMV for a wide variety of physiological reasons.