Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Pro Offset sight PoI off 9"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Where did you buy them? I bought what turned out to be a used counterfeit DD front sight and couldn't zero for elevation a few years back.
    Yeah, that is a good question, especially when you consider some of the knockoff crap a certain well-known online distributor has foisted on the unsuspecting.

But, I got the set from Brownells, so I suppose it's genuine. I do remember though that one of the boxes (can't remember which) had received a good dent, but the contents looked OK. It's been a few months so that packaging is long gone.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wil take up the matter again over the next two days and update.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Mine came from Brownells as well. 99.999999% chance they are gtg.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure they are mounted down all the rail all the way (correctly)?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Yeah, that is a good question, especially when you consider some of the knockoff crap a certain well-known online distributor has foisted on the unsuspecting.

But, I got the set from Brownells, so I suppose it's genuine. I do remember though that one of the boxes (can't remember which) had received a good dent, but the contents looked OK. It's been a few months so that packaging is long gone.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wil take up the matter again over the next two days and update.
    Well from what I have always heard you are 100% set to be a satisfied customer and your plan will get you there 1 way or the other.

When checking the mounting, you might bolt them on as close together as you can and eyeball for parallel lines. I wouldn't think anything could get bent without breaking, but it can't hurt to check.

The only other thing from the dinged packaging is thinking of Cabelas returns along with no idea how Brownells handles returns combined with how close counterfeits are. It was not unusual for Cabela's bargain caves(returns) to have take off parts in upgrade packaging such as A2 grips in Magpul grip boxes fairly often and unknown keymod rail in Midwest Mlok rail pack were a couple I noticed before purchasing. Not saying Brownells is nearly that lax, but if a counterfeit is good, like the DD sight I got, then I could see how a thief could slip one in on them.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 08-12-19 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Small Correction:

The rest was actually a Protektor Model metal tripod with medium owl ear.

Actually typing that out looks strange.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    I would get a new set from magpul and see if the issue persists

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK. So I reinstalled the handguard (using a TA60 mount, then a Bobro), reseated the sights, took it out to the range and got the same results. Ack!

Called Magpul tech support who were gracious and will be sending me RMA. Very good experience. (I have never had a reason to call them, and expected no less from them.) I told them that I "googled" my problem, and could find nothing. The Magpul rep stated that it was the first he had heard of it as well. But, considering all the checks I had performed, I had already addressed the problems he could possibly identify over the telephone. They will take a look and send me a new or repaired set (probably new).

Feedback Score
    That's great. Let us know how it turns out. This is one of those weird headscratchers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One thing that I did not know was that the front sight post could be removed and turned 90 degrees to get a thicker post. It seems obvious now, but I think that this system is not a long distance sight, and it really deserves the crude/gross/large post to help pick up the focus point when operating a carbine from a less-than-optimal stance (i.e., offset).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Getting good hits at 200 yards canted is an exercise in frustration. I never thought about turning the front post, might do that as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast