Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who shoots 50 BMG?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Who shoots 50 BMG?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about joining the 50 cal world.
    What do you own and how do you like it?
    TIA,
    Dave
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I own an AR-50 and love it. Better plan on reloading and buying all the surplus components that you can buy now. Primers and mil-surp bullets are what I would focus on.
    Last edited by andre3k; 11-13-08 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I own an AR-50 and love it. Better plan on reloading and buying all the surplus components that you can buy now. Primers and mil-surp bullets are what I would focus on.
    The AR-50, although very economical, is a little heavier than what I want.
    I'm looking at a Barrett M99; although it may not be as accurate as the AR-50, its about the size I'm looking for. I have heard of it shooting 11-12" groups at 1000 yards with hand loads and that's good enough for me.

What size groups are you getting out of your AR-50?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My wife owns an ArmaLite AR50 and really likes it.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

barrett guy here.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    barrett guy here.
    What do you have? How do you like it?

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I have owned and shot a .50BMG on some platform since 1994. Started out with a Barrett 90 (father to the current M95 mag fed bolt action), and have had Barrett M82A1 and an EDM Omni as well. Finally settled on the EDM Windrunner and wouldn't get any other .50 on the market.

The Windrunner is sub MOA accurate with match ammo (if the shooter does his part), breaks down to an easily transportable size, feeds froma 5 round magazine, and Bill Ritchie (owner of EDM Arms) is a real class act and strong supported ot the .50 community. For me, this gun represents the overall best in breed of the .50's. It has more ammo on tap than single shot shellholder or bolt actions, is in the same accuracy class as a McMillian bolt gun but breaks down and is a lot easier to transport, and you can convert calibers in about minite or two to go from 50BMG to .408CT or .338LM. The guns are U.S. designed and built and backed by a great president who is a long time FCSA shooter and supporter.

Just my .02 YMMV.

SCL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    What do you have? How do you like it?
    Mod 99 (single shot).

When I'm not shooting it, I use it as a bench press bar.

Love it, but I'm not shooting it to its fullest potential.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 11-14-08 at 15:24.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    I have a AMAC and like it a lot..

The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCL View Post
    I have owned and shot a .50BMG on some platform since 1994. Started out with a Barrett 90 (father to the current M95 mag fed bolt action), and have had Barrett M82A1 and an EDM Omni as well. Finally settled on the EDM Windrunner and wouldn't get any other .50 on the market.

The Windrunner is sub MOA accurate with match ammo (if the shooter does his part), breaks down to an easily transportable size, feeds froma 5 round magazine, and Bill Ritchie (owner of EDM Arms) is a real class act and strong supported ot the .50 community. For me, this gun represents the overall best in breed of the .50's. It has more ammo on tap than single shot shellholder or bolt actions, is in the same accuracy class as a McMillian bolt gun but breaks down and is a lot easier to transport, and you can convert calibers in about minite or two to go from 50BMG to .408CT or .338LM. The guns are U.S. designed and built and backed by a great president who is a long time FCSA shooter and supporter.

Just my .02 YMMV.

SCL
    I hear you. Windrunner was my first choice. I can afford it, but I don't know if I want to. I'm thinking Barrett 99 (29" barrel) with a Nightforce 5.5-22X50 to start out. That leaves me a few G's to buy some other stuff NObama will probably ban.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast