Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    TDP hammer and trigger pins aren't designed to stay immobile, there's nothing to be gained by not allowing them to rotate. Some of the M16 receivers are decades old, they've seen more use than most of us can dish out, they don't need these pins, if you have an out of spec receiver that needs them, that'd be a different story. Many of these anti walk pins aren't as solidly built as factory pins, and they can bend more easily. When they do, the screws/bars fixed to the receiver can prevent the user from noticing the problem.

I also don't like the extra parts . 4 screws, or 2 screws and 2 bars, more things to loosen and lose, would the AR still function reliably if the screws and bars go missing? Extra parts count can be justified if the benefits outweigh the compromise. Given they're not needed on properly designed triggers, they bring nothing to the table for the problems they cause.

Even without the issues they cause, they're simply not needed on receivers with triggers with conventional layout. Trigger packs that require them are rather flawed if they need outside help to stay put, especially when this "help" is detrimental to the reliability of the weapon.

I'm not against trigger packs, even if I think transplanting old HK technology on modern day AR is a fad without merits. I like my Wilson Combat TTU and ATC (from my BAD safety testing days, now handy since FCD safety is on the horizon), they don't need external screws for the pins.
    Last edited by Duffy; 09-14-19 at 13:11.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    ...since FCD safety is on the horizon...
    Hmmmmm

Feedback Score
    Brownells has their version of the Geissele triggers that I believe is the same as the SSA trigger for much less than the Geissele trigger.
    I've been running it for about a year and it's been my favorite trigger.

B-GRF (Geissele Rapid Fire)
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod67223.aspx

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last evening, installed the Sionics (Schmid) 2-stage to try it out. Sionics told me a couple weeks ago on the phone, when I called with a Q about my LPK, that this is their custom version made for them by Schmid.

Trigger pull per Lyman digital gauge: avg. 4.75 lbs (5 pulls ranging from 4lb 9 oz to 5.0 lbs).

Definitely found it nicer than a milspec trigger, the trigger surfaces are extremely well finished and that is demonstrated in the smooth trigger press, which has zero grit, short first stage, and breaks crisply. Wish I had a Larue to compare it to; it feels lighter than 4.75 lbs. My Geissele SSA-E's are a *little* lighter, but really the first stage and break is not noticeably better on the Geissele than on this one. First impression is quite good for $79. Will run some range testing but if it it holds up, seems like it could be a good option that is between a milspec and a Geissele trigger in cost and performance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Brownells has their version of the Geissele triggers that I believe is the same as the SSA trigger for much less than the Geissele trigger.

According to what I've read about those Brownell's triggers they are batch tested instead of individually tested, don't have laser engravings, and use a different method to hold the hammer pin in place (I believe a clip).

Mr Geissele goes into great detail about ALL the G triggers on this video, he talks about the GRF at around 26:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc&feature=youtu.be

I have heard these are sometimes on sale for under $130.00, any idea how to get notified when they go on sale?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

According to what I've read about those Brownell's triggers they are batch tested instead of individually tested, don't have laser engravings, and use a different method to hold the hammer pin in place (I believe a clip).

Mr Geissele goes into great detail about ALL the G triggers on this video, he talks about the GRF at around 26:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc&feature=youtu.be

I have heard these are sometimes on sale for under $130.00, any idea how to get notified when they go on sale?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    It’s a big enough item, perhaps their regular mailing list.

Overall though, it seems like both these are plays on the G2S modification of the SSA.
    I can, though slight, tell the difference between my G2S and SSA. I imagine it would be the same with the two Brownell’s exclusive models.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Now that I think about it, their software is probably smart enough that if you put it in your cart a couple times, they’ll keep you informed of relevant sales.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Now that I think about it, their software is probably smart enough that if you put it in your cart a couple times, they’ll keep you informed of relevant sales.
    Great idea, I'll try that.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms does that as well as a few other places, but I haven't seen this function from Brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast