Thread: Trigger options 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    TDP hammer and trigger pins aren't designed to stay immobile, there's nothing to be gained by not allowing them to rotate. Some of the M16 receivers are decades old, they've seen more use than most of us can dish out, they don't need these pins, if you have an out of spec receiver that needs them, that'd be a different story. Many of these anti walk pins aren't as solidly built as factory pins, and they can bend more easily. When they do, the screws/bars fixed to the receiver can prevent the user from noticing the problem.

I also don't like the extra parts . 4 screws, or 2 screws and 2 bars, more things to loosen and lose, would the AR still function reliably if the screws and bars go missing? Extra parts count can be justified if the benefits outweigh the compromise. Given they're not needed on properly designed triggers, they bring nothing to the table for the problems they cause.

Even without the issues they cause, they're simply not needed on receivers with triggers with conventional layout. Trigger packs that require them are rather flawed if they need outside help to stay put, especially when this "help" is detrimental to the reliability of the weapon.

I'm not against trigger packs, even if I think transplanting old HK technology on modern day AR is a fad without merits. I like my Wilson Combat TTU and ATC (from my BAD safety testing days, now handy since FCD safety is on the horizon), they don't need external screws for the pins.
    Last edited by Duffy; 09-14-19 at 13:11.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth