Thread: Kac bolt in LMt E carrier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kac bolt in LMt E carrier

I've tried to find if anyone runs a KAC E3 bolt in a LMT Enhanced carrier. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The SR15 is already gassed properly. Adding the Enhanced carrier might throw the system out of whack. I think you're looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. My MOD 1 is my smoothest shooting AR. YMMV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate that. I miss my mod 1.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I've run the KAC E3 bolt + LMT Enhanced Carrier combo in all the Mod 1 carbines I've ever owned (SR15: 16, 14.5, 11.5 and SR30). Suppressed and unsuppressed. No issues. Charlie Mike
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll be running it on my 11.5 mod 2

Feedback Score
    The way the LMT Enhanced carrier affects timing is not quite so straightforward, it seems it may actually help cycle underpowered/undergassed loadings. It appears that this is because the increased lock time helps the expanding gasses to accelerate the carrier for a longer period of time, and this in turn counteracts the venting from the additional ports to a degree that carrier speed is actually increased.

Now with full power 5.56 loadings in a well gassed rifle, it would seem that the EBCG does slow down the action somewhat. Exactly what this means for reliability, especially in dirty and/or cold conditions, is a question that I haven't really found the answer to.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I've run the KAC E3 bolt + LMT Enhanced Carrier combo in all the Mod 1 carbines I've ever owned (SR15: 16, 14.5, 11.5 and SR30). Suppressed and unsuppressed. No issues. Charlie Mike
    Interesting. I have an E-Carrier(Semi). Were you running a Full or Semi in yours? My MOD 1 is already soft-shooting so I don't want to mess with it but I might try this now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All the KAC bolt parts fit and it works well.

Of most guns I think KAC ones would be a fit the least.

I used it in a small port Mod1 to try to get it to cycle better. It was under gassed. I replaced all ware items in the gas system, main culprit being the worn gas tube and the gun got better. I switched to KAC sand cutter for it right now, as I had so very short gas system guns that would make more use of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Surefire bcg for my MK18

Then trying the LMT enhanced bolt in a sand cutter in my 12.5 hodge

Then a LMT enhanced carrier with a E3 bolt in my 11.5 kac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard mixed results on the LMT enhhanced carrier in general. I run the LMT enhanced bolt in a Kac sandcutter and really like the combo, but some people swear by the ehnaced carrier and others said it only created problems. If you don't have gas or ejection pattern problems, I'd stick with a standard carrier.