Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    1S- Wilson TTU
    2S- LaRue MBT

Nice to see that Wilson has cut prices about 30%.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    1S- Wilson TTU
    2S- LaRue MBT

Nice to see that Wilson has cut prices about 30%.
    If they did come down 30%, then I’d agree. When I got mine it was absurdly expensive for what it was. Apparently not absurd enough that I didn’t buy it, but I digress. Really, though, the MBT is the best all-around trigger I have, if price is a factor. At $90, there’s no reason not to replace a mil-spec with it - I’d put the trigger as the most important “discretionary” add-on. I’ve had some pretty shitty mil-spec Colt and BCM triggers that did impact my accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    If they did come down 30%, then I’d agree. When I got mine it was absurdly expensive for what it was. Apparently not absurd enough that I didn’t buy it, but I digress. Really, though, the MBT is the best all-around trigger I have, if price is a factor. At $90, there’s no reason not to replace a mil-spec with it - I’d put the trigger as the most important “discretionary” add-on. I’ve had some pretty shitty mil-spec Colt and BCM triggers that did impact my accuracy.
    I hear ya. I purchased a TTU in 2014. At the time they were priced at $269. Now priced at $189.00. I believe the MBT debuted at over $200.

I prefer single stage. No regrets with the TTU regardless of price. My rationale is that ammo is too expensive to use a trigger other than what I want. The wife has an MBT in her rifle for the same reason you describe.

Feedback Score
    Anyone running a MBT single stage? How does it compare to mil-spec and other singles?

Feedback Score
    I don't have a ton of experience with a lot of triggers, but I've used mil spec Colt, polished nickel boron triggers, geiselle SSA, and LaRue MBT. The LaRue is the only one I would buy. The Geiselle was good but not really any better than the MBT.
    Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.-Andrew Jackson
    كافر

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The Larue is excellent at its price point.

Feedback Score
    I went w/ the Geissele SD-3G trigger & I'm not looking back. I’m a single stage fan & the SD-3G is the fastest trigger I’ve ever used. It’s also been 100% reliable for the almost 1.5 years I’ve been using it. It comes w/ 3.5 & 4.5 lb springs & takes about 2 minutes to install.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I finally got around to getting my Colt Milspec triggers put on the shelf and getting some nicer triggers in my SBR's.

I got a Geissele SSA and a Larue MBT, both 2-stage triggers as one of these is my HD gun and the other is my duty gun. According to Geissele, the SSA is their duty trigger, so I thought I would compare it to the MBT 2-Stage.

Install for both is similar to a milspec trigger. The heavy hammer springs in both made my thumbs sore while trying to align the hammer and pins. The SSA includes a slave pin for installing the trigger and disconnector, while the MBT has the disconnector and trigger as one piece. The Geissele seemed to install easier as it has a wider hammer than the MBT. They both use the same pins with the divots on either end. The SSA seems to be coated in a smoother finish than the MBT, no clue if that matters.

The first stage feels similar on both, very light. The MBT has around a 3.5lb second stage with a crisp break. The SSA has a 4.5lb second stage with a "carrot" like break. The MBT has a softer reset, while the SSA has a pronounced reset.

Shooting them side by side, if you did not know which-was-which, would hardly be discernible. Both feel great, and improve my accuracy and speed greatly compared to milspec triggers. The SSA has a long and tested history behind it. The MBT is the newcomer, but comes from a quality machine shop and is half the price of the SSA.

Personally, I like the security that the SSA provides as far as peace of mind with it's track record. But, if the MBT continues to shine, I'd rather spend the $90 on the MBT and spend the other $100 elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I finally got around to getting my Colt Milspec triggers put on the shelf and getting some nicer triggers in my SBR's.

I got a Geissele SSA and a Larue MBT, both 2-stage triggers as one of these is my HD gun and the other is my duty gun. According to Geissele, the SSA is their duty trigger, so I thought I would compare it to the MBT 2-Stage.

Install for both is similar to a milspec trigger. The heavy hammer springs in both made my thumbs sore while trying to align the hammer and pins. The SSA includes a slave pin for installing the trigger and disconnector, while the MBT has the disconnector and trigger as one piece. The Geissele seemed to install easier as it has a wider hammer than the MBT. They both use the same pins with the divots on either end. The SSA seems to be coated in a smoother finish than the MBT, no clue if that matters.

The first stage feels similar on both, very light. The MBT has around a 3.5lb second stage with a crisp break. The SSA has a 4.5lb second stage with a "carrot" like break. The MBT has a softer reset, while the SSA has a pronounced reset.

Shooting them side by side, if you did not know which-was-which, would hardly be discernible. Both feel great, and improve my accuracy and speed greatly compared to milspec triggers. The SSA has a long and tested history behind it. The MBT is the newcomer, but comes from a quality machine shop and is half the price of the SSA.

Personally, I like the security that the SSA provides as far as peace of mind with it's track record. But, if the MBT continues to shine, I'd rather spend the $90 on the MBT and spend the other $100 elsewhere.

Ever tried a flat bowed Geissele? I actually replaced an SSA with an SD-C because I like them so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Ever tried a flat bowed Geissele? I actually replaced an SSA with an SD-C because I like them so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have not. I'm not super impressed with either two stage, so I can see myself liking something different.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast