Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Trigger options 2019

Putting together a new lower and looking for input on quality triggers (search turned up a couple recent-ish threads like here, and here, but nothing recent that covered other trigger options beyond what I have). Haven't gotten a new trigger in 5 or 6 years so I don't know what current leading options are. What I've been running is either the milspec trigger that comes with BCM LPK's, or the Geissele SSA-E's.

What I'm looking for:
    -Reliability for defensive use
    -Reduced weight and better smoothness vs the milspec trigger, for best accuracy. This will be a lightweight lower for a multi-use Grendel upper, so I'm looking for accuracy but without throwing away reliability. A non-adjustable option (like the SSA-E's) is fine.

The 2 SSA-E's I'm currently running have been great, light, and super reliable/consistent, no complaints. But wondered if it's worth considering any of the newer options on the market. For example the Larue MBT-2S, Elf, Velocity, Hiperfire, Triggertech, etc.

Feedback Score
    MBT-2S gets my vote for best bang for your buck. Besides the price tag, the SSA-E is superb.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    For the price, I don't think you can beat the LaRue MBT trigger, unless you don't like 2 stage triggers.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The MBT-2S straight bow is working well for me, but I don't have a ton of rounds through it yet, but I'm liking it so far.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Larue mbt is hard to beat for the price and performance.

Stay away, I repeat stay away from elftmann. I’ve had one wear down in under 2500 rounds

Trigger tech is one of the better single stage triggers out there.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    If you haven't tried a flat faced G trigger, I'd highly suggest trying one out. The SD-C is said to be SSA equivalent while the SD-E is supposed to be the flat version of the SSA-E IIRC. They're simply awesome, I don't even like my SSA anymore.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    For the price, I don't think you can beat the LaRue MBT trigger, unless you don't like 2 stage triggers.
    They also have a single stage now.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Larue good for the money, but if your happy with your G SSE, just stick with them. You have a lot of muscle memory with those great triggers, stick with them. I run SSA's in most every AR, but I bought one E trigger and Ill let one rip when prepping the trigger because its too light for my muscle memory. A lot to be said for muscle memory.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s hard to beat the LaRue for the money. I have 5 or 6 SSAe triggers and I find it hard to say they are twice as good since they are twice the price.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    They make a MBT-1S which is their single stage offering. I just got one in the mail the other day. 5.5 light and 6.5 LB heavy trigger pull weights. Without going on and on having just dry fired, it does feel pretty good. I really like a 4.5/5.5 lb break so I think it’s going to be my go-to for SS triggers and the MVR-2S for two stage.
    Hopefully I’ll work it this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast