Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    Just camp the classifieds for a used Geissele

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    If you haven't tried a flat faced G trigger, I'd highly suggest trying one out. The SD-C is said to be SSA equivalent while the SD-E is supposed to be the flat version of the SSA-E IIRC. They're simply awesome, I don't even like my SSA anymore.
    Yeah I bought my SSA before I bought a SD-C, and I wish I had two SD-c's.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have two SD-E's, an SD-C, and a LaRue MBT-2S. For the money the LaRue is where it's at. I can't say I think the G triggers are really any better. They're certainly not enough better to justify the extreme price difference, at least not in my opinion.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Putting together a new lower and looking for input on quality triggers (search turned up a couple recent-ish threads like here, and here, but nothing recent that covered other trigger options beyond what I have). Haven't gotten a new trigger in 5 or 6 years so I don't know what current leading options are. What I've been running is either the milspec trigger that comes with BCM LPK's, or the Geissele SSA-E's.

What I'm looking for:
    -Reliability for defensive use
    -Reduced weight and better smoothness vs the milspec trigger, for best accuracy. This will be a lightweight lower for a multi-use Grendel upper, so I'm looking for accuracy but without throwing away reliability. A non-adjustable option (like the SSA-E's) is fine.

The 2 SSA-E's I'm currently running have been great, light, and super reliable/consistent, no complaints. But wondered if it's worth considering any of the newer options on the market. For example the Larue MBT-2S, Elf, Velocity, Hiperfire, Triggertech, etc.

Buy a sionics 2 stage. 100 bucks and feels better than a geislee ssa. That or the larue mbt. The days of <$100 triggers are over.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    They also have a single stage now.
    I own a SS, and would recommend a common mil-spec trigger and saving some money. Trigger pull is equivocal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    Buy a sionics 2 stage. 100 bucks and feels better than a geislee ssa. That or the larue mbt. The days of <$100 triggers are over.
    I believe it's a Schmid 1005 which PSA has for $59 here. I have one and it's been flawless to date FWIW.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    Buy a sionics 2 stage. 80 bucks and feels better than a geislee ssa. That or the larue mbt. The days of >$100 triggers are over.
    I edited your post for the current price and math symbol.

I do, in fact like my (one) Sionics 2s more than my SSA. Based on the thread specifically on this trigger, they’re either not consistent and I got lucky, or some people just don’t prefer them. But its certainly worth a try at that price, especially if you’re already ordering something else from Sionics. Like I said, I love mine, and its in my most frequently used gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I believe it's a Schmid 1005 which PSA has for $59 here. I have one and it's been flawless to date FWIW.
    It does appear to be the same trigger with the same markings, having looked at both in person.

What I’d really like to hear more reviews about is the Wilson “Paul Howe” TTU.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The actual cost of that $59 PSA trigger is $83 by the time they drop it off at your doorstep
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've only ever shot mil-spec triggers. But I jut put in the MBT-2S into my DDM4v7 and its a night and day difference.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I had one of the Sionics 2 stage triggers and I was very disappointed with it. Mine had a rather mushy break. No way was it even in the same league as a G or the LaRue so I sold it for a loss. It's the only thing I've gotten from Sionics that I haven't been happy with.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast