Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Op,
    Due to this forum I got the Mbt for an spr I put together.

I had been looking at the hiperfire. From what I had a read about it, it seemed pretty good but was about double or more the $$ of the mbt

I think the only concern some people had was if junk like a popped primer fell in it could possibly stop functioning but I don’t recall any actual cases of that happening.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Trigger options 2019

Quote Originally Posted by tim808 View Post
    Op,
    Due to this forum I got the Mbt for an spr I put together.

I had been looking at the hiperfire. From what I had a read about it, it seemed pretty good but was about double or more the $$ of the mbt

I think the only concern some people had was if junk like a popped primer fell in it could possibly stop functioning but I don’t recall any actual cases of that happening.
    That’ll happen with any trigger, at least the non-cassette types. I’ve had popped primers get wedged under my trigger two or three times now, locking it up until I pull that shit out. That being said, Geissele is the only aftermarket trigger I’d trust for any type of serious use, especially in a work gun where all kinds of extra liability can come into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Looks like I'll be making another stop at LaRue's website for a trigger - which doesn't really surprise me as my experience with their products has always been top notch.

Still need an SSA-E to try out, too.

What do people think of the KE Arms offerings? They are local to me and seem to have some deals, plus their front man seems to know a thing or two about ARs (and, no, it's not me, lol). Worthy of a defensive rifle or gamer only?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Keep in mind that the reason G triggers look smoother than the LaRue trigger is because they are cast with the contact surfaces edm cut vs Larues are machined from S7 tool steel from the get go. However I’ve seen some rough looking MBt triggers floating out there (not sear surfaces but external surfaces)

KE are decent triggers but their QC isn’t the best. I worked for a mfg that had KE triggers as oem and we sent a decent percentage back for issues. However when they’re good they’re excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Looks like I'll be making another stop at LaRue's website for a trigger - which doesn't really surprise me as my experience with their products has always been top notch.

Still need an SSA-E to try out, too.

What do people think of the KE Arms offerings? They are local to me and seem to have some deals, plus their front man seems to know a thing or two about ARs (and, no, it's not me, lol). Worthy of a defensive rifle or gamer only?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 09-09-19 at 16:13.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have tried LaRue, LMT EDM 2-stage, and Giessele. I rank them in that order for 2-stage triggers. The Giessele is a distant third, too. I just can’t believe a trigger with the price and reputation of Giessele has such an awful, mushy, unpredictable break. The LMT is a little heavier, but the break is so much cleaner. The LaRue is the best of both worlds and half hee cost of either.

For “mil-spec” options I have used Colt, ALG, and BCM. I honestly can’t tell the difference between any of them, fancy coatings and all.

All that said, at the price that LaRue is selling the MBT, why buy anything else?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My .02

The flatbow SDC is hands down my favorite trigger.

That said the flatbow MBT I put at 85-90% of the SDC, if I’m being snobbish about it.

So yea, the MBT is the best value on the market imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    My .02

The flatbow SDC is hands down my favorite trigger.

That said the flatbow MBT I put at 85-90% of the SDC, if I’m being snobbish about it.
    Agreed on the SD-C! I have multiple SSA, SSA-E, SDC, SDC-E triggers and even a SD-3G (NOT a beginners trigger!). I have also owned ALG/ACT/PNT/EPT, various cassette triggers, various old school 90s triggers, and a couple Larue MBTs.

The MBT break is a bit crisper than the SSA/SDC but only if you are really paying attention... You know, like instead of shooting. It might matter to a bench shooter but not to someone who uses an AR like it should be used

More importantly to me the rear shelf that holds the MBT disconnector looks like a too obvious weak spot... And I think the trigger face feels too "sharp" and/or wide as compared to the SSA/SDC. I openly admit that both of those are completely personally subjective and maybe even proven to be false, but I still prefer the SSA/SDC in my own mind.

However I cannot argue the MBT value proposition and happy to admit that G triggers are likely also "overpriced" for a cast piece.

That said I have many ARs with many triggers and once I get into the groove of shooting drills the trigger pull is the last thing on my mind. After I get used to whatever slack, stage, or break all I care is that the trigger fires when pressed..

It's worn out advice but I say get a good mil trigger and dry fire/shoot the heck out of your rifle in practical drills over many shooting sessions and classes then you will be better able to judge what kind of upgraded trigger you will actually "prefer" given your now actual experience and needs.

You may well end up keeping that nicely broken in mil trigger... Or keep wasting money like me anyways but at least knowing any misses or slowness is still just your fault!

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 09-09-19 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    For my last build I decided to buy a CMC Trigger with just 3.5lb pull. I built all of my lowers with BCM PNT trigger or a Spikes Tactical trigger but I really like the CMC trigger.

https://www.primaryarms.com/cmc-ar-1...il-spec-.154in

It includes anti-walk pins.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will not use any trigger that requires these anti walk pins.
    Last edited by Duffy; 09-13-19 at 22:20.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I will not use any trigger that requires these anti walk pins.
    Can you expand on that a bit? I don't have any trigger that uses these, but I've heard about this problem.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast