Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Trigger options 2019

Feedback Score
    I just saw this in my latest PSA Ad they now have a Drop in 'Cassette' style trigger of their own. Maybe everyone here knows ...I just saw it

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Speaking of drop in triggers, I tried a buddy’s Wilson TTU Paul Howe a few months ago. It felt very good popping reduced size steel at 25 or so yds. Easy, fast, consistent hits.

So, I ordered one sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and installed it in my 12.3”. Definitely a very nice trigger. I’ve probably only shot around 100 rounds combined between the two Paul Howe triggers; maybe when I’ve shot it more I’ll post something with a bit more substance.

Still enjoying my Sionics Enhanced Two Stage after almost 4400 rounds, and I’ve installed a second one in my Grendel.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there really much of a difference of a G ssa and ssae?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG8 View Post
    SSA E has a lighter break. Too light for me on a defensive gun personally, but it's still a great trigger.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Never actually used an SSA-E though I owned one briefly. However, I do have some SSA-E springs on the way that I’m going to pair up with either a Super Tricon or SSA. Should lighten things up while keeping the “thicker” wall, if I understand correctly. Hoping to find the best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    The SSA-E is also crisper than the SSA. I prefer it for that reason more than the lighter pull.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG8 View Post
    It’s noticeable. Each has its place though. A side by side comparison is really helpful here.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    SSA E has a lighter break. Too light for me on a defensive gun personally, but it's still a great trigger.
    I see this alot, wanting a heavy (or heavier) trigger for defensive guns. What is the rationale behind it? I'm not trying to instigate, just would like to know your reasoning.

Personally, as someone who has carried a gun personally and professionally for most of my life (not that it qualifies me as any sort of expert), I've always felt that if my finger is on the trigger, then someone is getting shot, regardless of trigger pull weight. Likewise, if something snags my trigger (say transition to secondary without putting safety on for some dumb reason), if it can pull my tigger at 2 to 3 lbs, it can likely do it at 4 to 5.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 01-14-20 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I see this alot, wanting a heavy (or heavier) trigger for defensive guns. What is the rationale behind it? I'm not trying to instigate, just would like to know your reasoning.
    I’ve got a few triggers that come with two weights of springs. I’ve always landed on using the heavier spring because I prefer the feedback I get through gloves on the press, and a sharper reset. But its mostly a preference thing for me.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post

Personally, as someone who has carried a gun personally and professionally for most of my life (not that it qualifies me as any sort of expert), I've always felt that if my finger is on the trigger, then someone is getting shot, regardless of trigger pull weight. Likewise, if something snags my trigger (say transition to secondary without putting safety on for some dumb reason), if it can pull my tigger at 2 to 3 lbs, it can likely do it at 4 to 5.
    I was squeezing the trigger on the driver’s face of a car in Iraq on Election Day in 2009 when it screeched to a halt. We later determined it was an Iraqi policeman with his kids in the back seat. If I had had anything other than a mil-spec trigger I would’ve schwacked him and probably his kid behind him with M855.

That’s my single source, sample size of one experience that has led me to not go lighter than an SSA or MBT with the heavy spring. I have a splattering of mil-spec and NiB treated triggers as well. I have not noticed any degradation in either accuracy or speed with either offering- on a shot timer.
    Last edited by CPM; 01-15-20 at 18:14. Reason: Context

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast