Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magazine opinion

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I got a 10pk of D&H mags a couple years ago from BCM with Magpul followers and BCM markings on the bases. All have been to a couple classes and many-a-many ranch and range trips. All going strong.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dems will push mag bans forever, if you had 6000 mags you wouldn’t have made a bad purchase.

I had every mag basically and I’ve settled on Okay mags, a lot of good mags out there though, preference really.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I would expect the Ammend2 to perform about like you would expect a off brand $6.99 polymer mag would. In other words I would think that soon they will make good targets.
    Meh... you can always make back $5 of 'em on Armslist.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Two things about the polymer mag business I have to shake my head at:
    1. Other than just running a con what makes someone think there is a need for a better mousetrap than provided by Magpul and they are the ones to provide it? Even some big name brands have fallen into this trap.
    2. Why would anyone bother to spend money to give them a try.

I would stick to magazines approved for US military use for one reason, testing, before they are approved they put them through environmental extremes and run hundreds of thousands of rounds through them. Not many of even the big name companies do even a fraction of this unless they are going for a gov contract. So yeah you are paying more for Magpul but in return you are purchasing a product that has been engineered, tested and QA'd to work under all conditions. Are they all going to be perfect in all rifles, probably not but a much higher percentage are going to work longer with fewer problems than something made by a fly by night company and at just twice the price that makes them a bargain.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    1. Other than just running a con what makes someone think there is a need for a better mousetrap than provided by Magpul and they are the ones to provide it? Even some big name brands have fallen into this trap.

I would stick to magazines approved for US military use for one reason, testing, before they are approved they put them through environmental extremes and run hundreds of thousands of rounds through them. Not many of even the big name companies do even a fraction of this unless they are going for a gov contract. So yeah you are paying more for Magpul but in return you are purchasing a product that has been engineered, tested and QA'd to work under all conditions. Are they all going to be perfect in all rifles, probably not but a much higher percentage are going to work longer with fewer problems than something made by a fly by night company and at just twice the price that makes them a bargain.
    Your post shows much wisdom. Should be the default response whenever we have those "Just as good as/mil-spec sucks" threads in reference to magazines, duty grade carbines, etc.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yup,
    Magpul has a bunch of PMAG vs USGI comparison videos that demonstrate superior performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b89wwn9gGwc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQxYXTYohPI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPciwXoIdQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5kphqX_80
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzeUCulrl0

What other company does this much testing on their polymer mags?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alloy GI magazines had decades of military testing and development and work quite well if not ragged out.
    Good thing Magpul rolled the dice and continued to roll it since I seem to recall early reviews not being stellar. Also a good thing some people rolled the dice on PMags. They had been out a long time before I tried one because they share a bit of resemblance to Master Molder/Thermolds and the pre 1994 ones I had SUCKED.

Feedback Score

Well, you can now add Magpuls PMAGs to the list of "US Military Approved"...

Been that way for a few years now.
    Last edited by lysander; 08-13-19 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    D&H have worked for me..I bought some from Bravo and they have run like a champ.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Someone said Amend2 mags ran flawlessly for them in a video. They are suspiciously inexpensive. They seemed to load differently than other mags. Does anyone know about their reliability from experience?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast