Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 season

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

2019 season

Most of the draws are out. Anyone else excited for the upcoming season? I've got two elk tags, two antelope tags, and a deer tag to fill. Still waiting to see how I do for Texas tags though.

Should be a fun year.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Holly fkn shit you lucky dog. I have a Turkey tag. Thats it! No elk, no deer. I have early dove to look forward to I guess.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here in NC we don't have to worry about draws thankfully. So I'll definitely be deer hunting, hogs, dove, waterfowl and turkey. I also have a whitetail hunt booked for my son and I in Indiana Thanksgiving week. He graduates from The Citadel this coming May and will commission into the Army in June. This will be out last hunt together for a while. I've been working my food plot and putting out minerals this spring and summer. Our deer bow season starts 9/7 and I can't wait. I've been slinging arrows since mid July. 3 more weeks and I'll be in my blind waiting on a nice buck to come by.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Here in NC we don't have to worry about draws thankfully. So I'll definitely be deer hunting, hogs, dove, waterfowl and turkey. I also have a whitetail hunt booked for my son and I in Indiana Thanksgiving week. He graduates from The Citadel this coming May and will commission into the Army in June. This will be out last hunt together for a while. I've been working my food plot and putting out minerals this spring and summer. Our deer bow season starts 9/7 and I can't wait. I've been slinging arrows since mid July. 3 more weeks and I'll be in my blind waiting on a nice buck to come by.
    I enjoy hunting public land out west, but part of me envies guys with private property to bow hunt whitetail. Good luck this season.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    I enjoy hunting public land out west, but part of me envies guys with private property to bow hunt whitetail. Good luck this season.
    I would love to be able to do the same as far as hunting out west is concerned. Next year a couple of buddies and I will be doing a walk-in elk hunt near Colorado Springs. I'm more excited about that than hunting this year.

Good luck to you this year and I hope you fill all of your tags. Of course you are absolutely obligated to share pics!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We don't have to draw for deer either. I am waiting for a bonus tag though. My little man can shoot this year so I am more excited to take a step back and let him take his first deer. Fall turkey is soon here too. Looking forward to getting out.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    No draws for deer here either but I’m hoping to get a couple white tail and another axis if I’m lucky. I envy you guys out west who can go on spot and stalk hunts and have vast public lands available but I’m lucky enough to have private land with plenty of deer on it. Can’t wait to get out there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No draws here either. This year:
    Deer (bow and rifle)
    Rabbits (bow- my focus this year)
    Fall turkey- maybe
    Snow Goose (early 2020)
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    No draws in OH either.
    My standard location has been decimated (they are logging it out as we speak).

I have a place nearby thats bow-only- public, that I have not stepped foot on. I have 1 week in october + thanksgiving weekend to scout and draw blood.

We shall see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Holly fkn shit you lucky dog. I have a Turkey tag. Thats it! No elk, no deer. I have early dove to look forward to I guess.

PB
    Arizona doesn't give everyone a deer tag?

Here in New Yorkistan everyone that gets a big game license gets a whitetail deer and black bear tag. In most areas doe tags are given. Bow hunters and muzzle loaders get more tags depending on the area.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast