Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Feedback Score

Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Because I don’t care enough to waste the three seconds it’d take to google it for you. Also, I’m super curious to hear what instructor that was. I don’t understand why people get so emotional about this. There are tons of great pistols out there and Glock definitely isn’t perfect, but it is the most widely used in a serious manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because it isn’t a fact and no such data is available.

Instructor is well known and has commonly publicly stated as much time and time again. If you can’t figure out who it is, is more evidence that some people live in a bubble.

Last edited by lsllc; 08-22-19 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Exactly.

Buy one proven platform. Practice with it. Buy parts and ammo and magazines and holsters for it.

Shoot it all the time.

You will be a better shooter than if you just go to the range with four different handguns every time.
    Agree 100% with this.

Feedback Score

Oops after typing all that, just realized OP got his question answered and bowed out. Oh well. Out.
    Actually the OP is very much enjoying this discussion and checks in daily to see what new viewpoints have been offered.

For new shooters who want to try Glock I am going to continue recommending the 19 and also the 45 and 43x. But above all i still recommend to each new shooter to go and rent and try several types of pistols.

As for my own personal preference at the moment, I am liking my G45 just a little bit more than my 19.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Because it isn’t a fact and no such data is available.

Instructor is well known and has commonly publicly stated as much time and time again. If you can’t figure out who it is, is more evidence that some people live in a bubble.
    So you don't know or you won't say.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    So you don't know or you won't say.
    So what? I don’t know what instructor said that to me? WTF.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelram View Post
    Actually the OP is very much enjoying this discussion and checks in daily to see what new viewpoints have been offered.

For new shooters who want to try Glock I am going to continue recommending the 19 and also the 45 and 43x. But above all i still recommend to each new shooter to go and rent and try several types of pistols.

As for my own personal preference at the moment, I am liking my G45 just a little bit more than my 19.
    This is only half related, but it goes to some of the points above as well - my G45 is more comfortable to hold in my hand (which some would say is better ergonomics), but I believe that I have a higher performing grip with my 19 because of the Agency magwell. Its absolutely not a direct comparison because of how modified my 19 is, to include stippling, but the magwell though discreet, is enough that it really does shove my hand up higher into the grip of my 19 so I can manage recoil better. I knew that it had been advertised as such, but honestly never thought I'd notice a difference.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This thread is the poster child for why we can't have nice things.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This thread is the poster child for why we can't have nice things.
    I award you one Internets

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    At the last Randy Cain class I attended, a shooter was having issues with their new 1911. At lunch Randy loaned her his G19 (he was wearing, shooting and teaching with his 1911), I loaned her another mag and she had no issues after lunch. Damn good shot, just had never broken in her newly purchase 1911 before class.

Is it meaningful that a top tier instructor provided his G19 to a shooter having issues, maybe, maybe not. The fact he didn't suggest a Sig, CZ, HK, S&W, FN, or anything else knowing guns, shooters and how to teach is meaningful to me.

Bottom line it's a good pistol and a standard that's been copied and/or cloned for decades since introduction.

YMMV
    Last edited by ndmiller; 08-23-19 at 21:04.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314