Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I dunno. I shoot USPSA a couple times a month. In production, I see usually one or two Glocks; typically there will be a 19 or 17, and often 34.

I see lots of CZ pistols; probably more than anything.

I see lots of Berettas, too. There has been a huge resurgence in DA/SA including a few Sig P226s.

Just because there is a lot of chest-thumping about Glock online doesn’t mean that’s all there is or even that it’s king of the hill. Hell, the P320 has become quite popular. The local gun shop states it’s probably their best selling series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Comparing USPSA guns to anything besides other gamer guns doesn’t mean much - even for production.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glock 19s are ok. The Walther PPQ has been my go-to for a while now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Comparing USPSA guns to anything besides other gamer guns doesn’t mean much - even for production.

+1
    And the gear doesnt matter as long as its reliable. Its mostly preference.
    I burn a lot of guys (with a stock 19mos+rmr - carryoptics) down that have $2,000 open guns and I am NOT good.
    The guys that beat me every weekend would still take my lunch if we traded hardware. A few of them run production guns.

People buy uspsa guns because its what they want and is good for gaming. Not many people will cc a stock2

The 19 fits most people, unless you have huge hands. If you have small hands, make sure you can reach all the controls before buying.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-13-19 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have many Glocks, CZ's, HK's, Ruger, and assorted 1911's that I enjoy shooting and care for as my children, maybe better......But when I carry, take a class or need to be 100% buttoned up, it's my original Glock 19 I bought in NJ (17 wasn't legal in NJ) in the 90's. 10's of thousands of rounds, with OEM mags still in the rotation (new springs of course and many other mags as well). Been using it so long it's just second nature.

While I recommend to everyone, I understand it's not for everyone, but at least 51% of everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

As was said above, someone stated nobody is running anything hard like they do G19s. That’s bogus. USPSA shooters run their stuff harder than Timmy’s and the CCW crowd.

All the gun trainer celebs are modifying their G19s to the point it’s hard to argue they are Glocks anymore.

Yes, lots of stock 2s and shadows in uspsa production but lots of other guns that ARE being CCW’ed including Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, P-series CZs, M&Ps, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The main things the Glock have going for it are capacity, reliability, aftermarket parts, and mechanical simplicity which translates to ease of maintenance. There was a time when only Glock really checked all of those boxes at the same time. IMO that's what got them into early service adoption and why they now own the market--just continuing their momentum. But fortunately competition never ends, and other pistols have kept moving forward. The Glock is no longer in a class by itself, to me. Lots of pistols can check all those boxes of capacity, reliability, aftermarket parts, and ease of maintenance, and some now throw in having improved ergos, better factory triggers, and better accuracy.

Now, they still are solid pistols and still have the largest market share, but there are a lot more options. My favorite gun to shoot is still and always will be a 1911, but mine are now relegated to range shooting, and for now at least, it's unlikely I'd return to carrying a 1911. Only thing that might change that is something like 10rd mag restrictions in my state, or I go on a 'nostalgia fad' for carrying my 1911's again. :-) For 'practical' everyday carry, I've switched to the M&P (Compact, and Shield) and the Gen2 M&P's are the best all-around modern design pistols I have owned or fired. They are phenomenal value to me, I strongly prefer them to the Glock mainly on how well I shoot them and features. Also the M&P's come in at a lower price to boot. That doesn't take anything away from Glock, it's just to say there are choices and people and departments should shop around. My local PD switched to M&P's and IMO was a good call.
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-13-19 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    M&P9 2.0
    HK VP9

Do what the G19 can do, except with proper grip angle.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    M&P9 2.0
    HK VP9

Do what the G19 can do, except with proper grip angle.
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    As was said above, someone stated nobody is running anything hard like they do G19s. That’s bogus. USPSA shooters run their stuff harder than Timmy’s and the CCW crowd.
    That was me. I kind of need to walk that statement back upon further reflection. Thinking too much of my own little slice of heaven. Carry on.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I kind of agree with that, but.......

I think the Glock 17, so by extension the Glock 19, was the first pistol that you could legitimately say was capable of operator level armorer service.

Kind of set the bar for that.
    That is one of the biggest reasons I went with Glocks in the first place and still is. Are there any other pistols that has every factory part available to the end user like Glock? I'm still in the "stone-age" with 3rd Gens and see no reason to change.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast