Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Feedback Score

Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

I have recommended the Glock 19 to many friends and family over the years if they were looking at buying a glock. Since Glock has released several new models in the past couple years, have any of them knocked the 19 off it's pedestal? Both the 19X/G45 and 48 seem to be doing really well. And for smaller form factor it's hard to go wrong with the G43 or 43X. Personally I think the 45 shoots a lot better than the 19, but I'm by no means an expert on the subject. I plan to continue recommending the 19 to new shooters, but I think I am also going encourage them to shoot the other new Glock models and see for themselves which model they like best.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    All of them have their own pros and cons, but the Glock 19 is still the best one-size-fits-all option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Don't the 19x and 19mos have their own magazines as well as aftermarket sights that fit? Also, doesn't the 19x and others need their own kydex holster; i.e. a gen 3 or 4 holster won't fit if going the kydex route?
    I still like the gen 3 and 4 19's for their simplicity. The new age 19's, while maybe not just a fad, serve their owners specifically for their purpose. The plain G19 serves a gun owner, new or experienced, as being a good gun. period. Don't hesitate to recommend it.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    If a person wanted a Glock to carry but would never carry it in anything but a pocket I'd recommend a Glock 42.

If they did plan to carry on a belt I'd say G48. (I've only held one, not fired one)

If they thought it was too thin, or wanted more rounds, or more weight, then I'd suggest the G19 with no front cut out.

Feedback Score
    There are better guns than the Glock 19. Many, many guns. It isn’t the most concealable. It isn’t the most accurate. It isn’t the most durable. Nor most reliable. It isn’t the softest shooting gun. It certainly isn’t the most ergonomic. But it does check many, many boxes and it is economical. It is hard to beat overall.

Feedback Score
    I have to say that since I have switched to CZ P07, my Glock 19's just sit in the safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Don't the 19x and 19mos have their own magazines as well as aftermarket sights that fit? Also, doesn't the 19x and others need their own kydex holster; i.e. a gen 3 or 4 holster won't fit if going the kydex route?
    I still like the gen 3 and 4 19's for their simplicity. The new age 19's, while maybe not just a fad, serve their owners specifically for their purpose. The plain G19 serves a gun owner, new or experienced, as being a good gun. period. Don't hesitate to recommend it.
    The main difference as far as holster fit goes is the ambi slide release. Some low cut 19 holsters work fine with the gents, but others do not. I'm not sure if this is as big an issue with leather, but for kydex it's probably a good idea to find a 19gen5/45 specific holster.

The sight height on gen5s are also different and there are gen5 specific sights. You can use gen1-4 sights but your POA/POI won't be the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Best pistol?

Dunno.

What I do know is if someone is not wed to ANY platform ask the person to try the CZ P10C as it is a better overall pistol than the Glock 9mm platform.

Where the Glock shines is it is established and parts and accessories can be sourced... anywhere.

I also find the VP9 to be a better pistol overall.

Each individual will have to decide what is important to THEM.

This will seem contradictory at face value but it’s true just the same:

“Better is not necessarily better.”

Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-20-19 at 04:46.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    I dont know if its the “best”, but it does everything decently.
    Its a total package, jack of all trades option.
    Cheap and easy to fix and maintain, I still think its one of the best starter pistols.
    It will never hold you back.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes.

Name another pistol that has been around for more than 10 years with the following the G19 has.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast