Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Nope--not even close to AR level of standard. Wide adoption due to past dominance for reasons discussed earlier in thread: sure. This is way different from having a real standard like milspec for AR's. And oh yeah, Big Army, they went with Sig, right?

Ergonomics *does* matter. People should find a pistol with a grip, recoil signature, and trigger that enables them to shoot well. If you're in an LE/.mil group that runs them, obviously your options are limited. For the rest of us, it's great to have options and the Glock isn't even in my top 5.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The guys who actually use their pistols have been getting and are continuing to get Glocks.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The guys who actually use their pistols have been getting and are continuing to get Glocks.
    I hear that repeated all the time but I don’t think you can make such a case. Repeating some sort of elitist superiority because of chosen pistol is juvenile. Sometimes you need to get out of your bubble.

Run by a USPSA match and you’ll see guys running nearly any brand you can think of...and there will be high round count guns. One guy I know has been shooting an XD for ten years with around 10,000 rounds a year on it. He cracked the slide around 70,000 rounds.

Hell, I’m shooting two CZs I got earlier this year and I’m at 20,000 on them in six months and I dry-fire an hour four times a week. I put 14k on a VP9 in two years time back a few years ago.

Swing over to pistol forum and you’ll see guy putting lots of rounds on Beretta 92s and PX4s. There’s a few guys running HKs and CZs hard there, too.

Go read BEnos and see all the CZs, Tanfos, 2011s, etc people are putting rounds on. There is a whole world outside of Colt and Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I hear that repeated all the time but I don’t think you can make such a case.

Why not? It’s a fact. Not only that, it’s well known that Sig only own the Army contract because they undercut the price.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    JFTDC Just buy a G19 or a G17 and get a life

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess we're lucky, we've never gotten brass to the face in thousands of accumulated rnds through gen3 G19s, a gen3 G23 sometimes converted to 9mm, and a gen4 G19.

Van Halen's lame.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The second semi-auto I ever owned was a G19 Gen2 back in the early 90's. I traded a vintage BHP for it on the recommendation of a good shooting buddy. I really wanted to like it and I practiced with it for over a year but it just didn't work out for me. I finally had to admit I shot revos and the old BHP better. So I sold it. Later I bought one of the rough texture models with the old fish gill slide cuts. Again I wanted to like it but as before, I had to admit, I shot my DA CZ and Beretta 92 better. I still think from time to time I may try one again because it's such a nice size package but I'm busy now with AR's and carbine shooting.
    A great pistol no doubt but not for everyone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I hear that repeated all the time but I don’t think you can make such a case. Repeating some sort of elitist superiority because of chosen pistol is juvenile. Sometimes you need to get out of your bubble.

Run by a USPSA match and you’ll see guys running nearly any brand you can think of...and there will be high round count guns. One guy I know has been shooting an XD for ten years with around 10,000 rounds a year on it. He cracked the slide around 70,000 rounds.

Hell, I’m shooting two CZs I got earlier this year and I’m at 20,000 on them in six months and I dry-fire an hour four times a week. I put 14k on a VP9 in two years time back a few years ago.

Swing over to pistol forum and you’ll see guy putting lots of rounds on Beretta 92s and PX4s. There’s a few guys running HKs and CZs hard there, too.

Go read BEnos and see all the CZs, Tanfos, 2011s, etc people are putting rounds on. There is a whole world outside of Colt and Glock.

Who cares what gamers use.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a good collection of BTDT types and SME's here and elsewhere who don't particularly like Glocks, a few of whom and posted in this thread. I"m no BTDT type, but I often recommend Glocks to newbies as a good option, even if I don't particularly like them recognizing their strong points as good all around choices for many.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There's a good collection of BTDT types and SME's here and elsewhere who don't particularly like Glocks, a few of whom and posted in this thread. I"m no BTDT type, but I often recommend Glocks to newbies as a good option, even if I don't particularly like them recognizing their strong points as good all around choices for many.
    100% agree with that.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't particularly like Glocks, either. But we live in a Glock world. Every gun that's supposed to be the Glock-killer has failed to dethrone them. None of them have even come close - and there's something to be said for Glock showing up firstest with the mostest.

I'm a snowflake, so I don't normally carry one (and don't always own one). But I recognize the myriad benefits of them and understand why people who know tend to choose them. Doesn't mean it's what I prefer to carry and doesn't mean Glock isn't the king of serious, hard-use handguns.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast