G&R Tactical
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Based on the fact that the majority of police departments have successfully fielded them and continue to field them without any major issues, I would say that the answer is yes. They are still King of the Hill.

    They make guns that work. All the checklists as far as feeding and firing reliably are checked off. All other companies copy their basic principle and add little gadgets and do dads and say that they are innovating. I mean really? Is adding a flat faced trigger innovating? Is adding a cutout on the bottom of a mag well innovating? Who here is going to change everyday from a full sized frame to a compact sized frame like the 320. Most people will just buy 2 guns. One full sized and one compact. That’s a gimmick that many bought into.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,095
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This is my fault, but I think we got into the sales figures unnecessarily.

    Is a Hyundai Sonata “better” than a Mercedes E class?

    Nah. But what do you think they sell more of?

    I’m not comparing the G19 to a Benz (It’s more like a Camry, in utilitarian terms) but illustrating that the highest # of sales isn’t necessarily useful at determining what’s “best”.

    Is anyone really going to argue that a Keltec is better than a Glock? Because according to GB, their pistol outsells G19s.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,097
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OMG its just a gun.
    The only place I really hear complaints about Glock is on forums.

    Ergonomics: Boo hoo its a standard pistol

    Brass to Face: Has never happened to me ever.

    "I just hate Glock": Proof racism is alive and well because Glocks are either black or brown.

    I LOVE Glock because I can pick it up and go and not think twice about it.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,634
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ergonomics: Boo hoo its a standard pistol
    Nope--not even close to AR level of standard. Wide adoption due to past dominance for reasons discussed earlier in thread: sure. This is way different from having a real standard like milspec for AR's. And oh yeah, Big Army, they went with Sig, right?

    Ergonomics *does* matter. People should find a pistol with a grip, recoil signature, and trigger that enables them to shoot well. If you're in an LE/.mil group that runs them, obviously your options are limited. For the rest of us, it's great to have options and the Glock isn't even in my top 5.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    OMG its just a gun.
    The only place I really hear complaints about Glock is on forums.

    Ergonomics: Boo hoo its a standard pistol

    Brass to Face: Has never happened to me ever.

    "I just hate Glock": Proof racism is alive and well because Glocks are either black or brown.

    I LOVE Glock because I can pick it up and go and not think twice about it.

    If it’s “just a gun”, then why so many to defend their ho...errr...it’s honor every time somebody says something bad about them or that they don’t share your love of them?

    If it’s just a gun, why so passionate? You’re definitely passionate here.

    You’ve never been murdered, so I guess nobody has ever? Logic 101. Yeah people have had bad Glocks in the past. Many of them. Didn’t even the first run of FBI guns have some major problems? Our state police switched to Gen 5 17s and their entire batch had to go back to Glock because the barrel finish was defective. Glock isn’t perfect.

    Glock is a descent gun that any idiot can use. Well, unless you’re a weak-wrist person with little grip strength or upper body strength. It’s just a gun. No less, no more. Don’t act like somebody pissed in your Cheerios just because somebody prefers something other than Glock.

    Maybe we can find a magical authoritarian commie land where everybody can only have Glock 19s, 6920s, and drive 1996 Honda Civics. Everybody will drink Bud Light and listen to REO Speedwagon on loop.

    Now we can all have a nice day?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; Today at 13:48.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,097
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Switch REO Speedwagon to Van Halen and you have described Heaven, sir.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,634
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Switch REO Speedwagon to Van Halen and you have described Heaven, sir.
    LOL, now ur talkin'.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Switch REO Speedwagon to Van Halen and you have described Heaven, sir.
    I almost said Van Halen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,924
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    OMG its just a gun.
    The only place I really hear complaints about Glock is on forums.

    Ergonomics: Boo hoo its a standard pistol

    Brass to Face: Has never happened to me ever.

    "I just hate Glock": Proof racism is alive and well because Glocks are either black or brown.

    I LOVE Glock because I can pick it up and go and not think twice about it.

    To your point, too many people think ergos means “feels good”.
    As long as you can reach the controls, you are good.


    Most people would be better shooters if they got a g19, focused on shooting and forgot about gear for just 1 year.
    But no, they keep changing pistols more often than they shoot them. I really dont care what people shoot as long as they can.

    Glock is good to go out the box and can grow with you easily, should you get into competition, silencers, etc. others can as well, but options are limited, especially with holsters.
    Last edited by MegademiC; Today at 15:05.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    People complain about Glocks grip angle but most that draw and point find that Glock’s grip angle allows the front sight to be dead on as far as alignment goes. With guns that have other grip angles, after the draw, the front sight has to be dipped up or down slightly.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •