Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 19 still king of the hill?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Glad I'm not the only one who says that. I never liked the ergos of Glocks, but the 19 is bad even for Glock for me.
    Honestly, I really just keep one around so I help other people who are learning to shoot. I wouldn’t cry if it was my only gun, but no way would I pick it for that purpose. But, if I was equipping a bunch of officers with mixed training or an army of middle eastern conscripts I might go with it. Actually no I would still pick gen 3 Glock 17s
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If a glock employee read Greg's post, he would definitely label Greg a hater.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Glock 19 is king and will be for the foreseeable future. While there may be a few pistols that some of us like better, none of them are legitimate challengers to the crown. Glock's and the 19 variant have joined 1911's, AR-15's, and 10/22's as true lego platforms. When another maker reaches that level of aftermarket support, then we can have a discussion about who's king.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The Glock 19 is the best selling pistol in America.

Source: https://improb.com/best-9mm-pistols-and-handguns/

When I go to a LGS or check online sites I can find used .40s for $229. I can find M&Ps, CZs, and all the other Glock clones with deep discounts right now.

Good luck finding a G19 red label for much less than $499. In fact, if you do, let me know. I’ll buy a couple.

I bought an M9A3 a few weeks ago as my only other handgun besides my Glock 19s. It’s accurate, but it’s also for sale. Can’t even give it away for 7 bills! No one wants anything but G19s outside of people being different on the internet.

I now have four PFC9s as well and with those there is no excuse for “ergos”. The PFC9 is amazing.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-19-19 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The G19 is still the best do everything glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The Glock 19 is the best selling pistol in America.

Source: https://improb.com/best-9mm-pistols-and-handguns/

[...]

No one wants anything but G19s outside of people being different on the internet.
    Sure they do. Do you know what is the source of that article's claim about the G19?

From another source, the top 10 semiauto handgun sales for all of 2018 (like all metrics, they have their limitations, these are based on Gunbroker sales but surely it's one interesting source of data given volume of sales). G19 is not even in the top 10 for all 2018. In fact, G19 has not been in the top 5 in GB pistol sales in any month in 2019 either, and was not in the top sales list since 2017 acc to those data.

https://www.gungenius.com/top-sellin...8-December2018
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-19-19 at 16:30. Reason: fix horked up quote

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    From another source, the top 10 semiauto handgun sales for all of 2018 (like all metrics, they have their limitations, these are based on Gunbroker sales but surely it's one interesting source of data given volume of sales).
    Those GunBroker stats are fun to look at but I question if they accurately reflect the top selling models at retail. Within 50 miles of my location we have (3) Cabela's, (3) Gander Outdoors, Sportsman's Guide, and well over two dozen independent dealers. You can walk into every one of these places and put your paws on a Glock 19 at a price that's competitive online or offline. Several of the dealers will have Glock 19's in just about every configuration currently available to include distributor exclusives. If they didn't sell a lot of Glock 19's they wouldn't tie up the shelf space or inventory dollars.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Possible, but you aren't offering any alternative data--that's what would be most useful to get a more accurate picture to counter-balance the GB data.

Second, it doesn't really matter if there are alternative sources of sales does it? GB data alone is noteworthy--it's the world's largest online seller of firearms. Even if its numbers are not absolute or differ from direct retail sales results, their sales are massive, and more than enough to respond to the idea that nobody is really interested in buying pistols other than G19's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There may be niche guns that the average person will never get full use put of, but anything else is a Glock cover band or a status symbol or a fashion statement

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Sure they do. Do you know what is the source of that article's claim about the G19?

From another source, the top 10 semiauto handgun sales for all of 2018 (like all metrics, they have their limitations, these are based on Gunbroker sales but surely it's one interesting source of data given volume of sales). G19 is not even in the top 10 for all 2018. In fact, G19 has not been in the top 5 in GB pistol sales in any month in 2019 either, and was not in the top sales list since 2017 acc to those data.

https://www.gungenius.com/top-sellin...8-December2018
    Retail vs. agency purchases might put a different spin on it.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast