Thread: 1918 SMLE Lee-Enfield Mark III*, S/N L 7824, w/Austrian Proofs and Arabic Butt Brass

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1918 SMLE Lee-Enfield Mark III*, S/N L 7824, w/Austrian Proofs and Arabic Butt Brass

SOLD

This is Picture heavy, I want you to see everything.

WW1 1918 SMLE Lee-Enfield Mark III*, S/N L 7824, with Austrian Proofs and Arabic Butt Brass Tag.

This Enfield was used by the Austrian Police Force in the British zone of occupation after WWII. The Eagle and German Script is " Oesterriech" Austria...rifle and was used by Austrian Gendarmerie during the Allied Occupation 1945-55. That Proof can be seen on the Barrel, in front of the Receiver Ring.

It also has an Arabic Butt Brass Tag on the Butt Stock that Reads: Egypt Rifle #664. Rifle was probably acquired by Egypt in the mid-1950s.

This Lee-Enfield has all matching parts except foor the Bolt Cocking Piece. It has a different Serial Number.

The Barrel has strong rifling.

The Swivel Piling and Swivel Piling Screw is missing.

There is some pitting on the right side of the receiver under the wood. This can be seen in my pictures.

The 101 year old Walnut Stock shows wear with a repair on the Butt Stock above the Brass Butt Plate. This can be seen in my pictures. There is also an “XIII” inscribed on the bottom of the wrist. I was told that that mark most likely was done by an Armorer who worked on or inspected this Enfield. I don’t think they are kill marks.

There are many Proofs all over this Enfield. I tried to take pictures of them all but I most likely missed a few.

I cleaned a lot of hardened Cosmolean off of this Enfield. I did not take apart the Sear or Safety from the Receiver. You can see hardened Cosmolin still in those areas of the Receiver, Sear, and Safety. That is not rust in those areas.

Price is $350.00. No trades on this one. Shipping is extra, to FFL or C&R only. If I must go through an FFL at my end there will be an additional charge of $50.00 plus actual shipping costs.

xxx
    Last edited by md66948; 08-14-19 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional Pictures:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional Pictures:

xxx