Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Am I panic buying.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding is that the latest edition of Colt’s 6920 SOCOM is specifically labeled “HBAR” in the product name. If that’s the case, I would recommend finding one of those to meet the MD requirement (unless they’ve banned that model by name).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    My understanding is that the latest edition of Colt’s 6920 SOCOM is specifically labeled “HBAR” in the product name. If that’s the case, I would recommend finding one of those to meet the MD requirement (unless they’ve banned that model by name).
    I'll have to check those out and see if it would go....here's a link to Marylands "roster".....
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...-B78C316F87DF}

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Univibe,
    I think the “big” panic will start about a month or two before the 2020 elections if polls show the democrat candidate ahead

Up to that point I think people that have been thru prior panics will be stocking up on ammo, reloading components and things they wanted but could put off till later (because trump is the potus).

If I had $$ to speculate I would buy mags because I feel a Democrat will win and people will panic. I don’t think the dems will be able to pass a hi cap ban.....just the back ground check

I don’t have $$ to speculate so I’m just stocking up to have at least 2-3 years of ammo and reloading components so I can still go to the range. This time I won’t under estimate the ammo drought after a panic (sandy hook)
    Last edited by tim808; 08-17-19 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I dont know . . . Dem house, dem Senate, dem president? That's their big chance for AWB (already has passed in the house), possible confiscation.

But I agree with tim808 on stocking up. I started on standard cap AR mags back in 2004. When I got a double stack M&P9, i made sure to hoard mags for it. Now buying primers, bullets, powder, .22LR.

And I think I agree on the timing. 2008 panic started the night Obama was elected. If Trump is sagging, it will start before the election. Watch the traffic in AR mags; they're a good indicator.

In short: if you think you want it, whatever it is, get it now.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 08-16-19 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    In short: if you think you want it, whatever it is, get it now.
    Yup. Depending on how things go, there are a number of potential issues we as gun owners could face. Also look at some of the tax some candidates have proposed adding to firearms and ammo.

To me ammo may be the place they try to hit us, as it's backhanded enough to say "you can still shoot" / it's not as straight anti-2A as a gun ban, but if ammo priced jump by 50% plus, we may see manufacturers struggle and up prices even more. And that would keep people from shooting, meaning fewer new ppl get interested in shooting, etc.

So no, panic buying hasn't really started but it can at any time. We are 'safe' under POTUS45 to a large degree, but that could change the next cycle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rhino,
    Good point, forgot about possible future restrictions on ammo.

My state is already one of the stricter ones. Can see them trying to put restrictions on ammo....reloading components maybe later.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they make us apply for a permit each year to buy ammo

I’ll stack a few more cases of 22 jic

Thanks for the heads up!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    if i lived in a free state, i would be backing up the truck right now.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The best thing to do is think about what you want / need to get between now and next fall. Then chip away at the list as sales pop up and you are able.

I'm a big fan of "1 case a month" if you can do that (in addition to replacement ammo). Now if you can do that, do a case every other month, or every 3 months, etc.

I have defined ammo goals to meet and sustain from here on out. Only shoot down to a certain level and no lower until I buy more. It's not panic buying, it's well thought out planning.

We've already seen ammo scarcity happen that knocked out all common calibers (9MM, 556, 22LR) for 2+ years - and it happened in less than a week of panic buying - so having 2-5+ years of ammo isn't stupid, it's being prepared to keep doing an activity you like.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The best thing to do is think about what you want / need to get between now and next fall. Then chip away at the list as sales pop up and you are able.

I'm a big fan of "1 case a month" if you can do that (in addition to replacement ammo). Now if you can do that, do a case every other month, or every 3 months, etc.

I have defined ammo goals to meet and sustain from here on out. Only shoot down to a certain level and no lower until I buy more. It's not panic buying, it's well thought out planning.

We've already seen ammo scarcity happen that knocked out all common calibers (9MM, 556, 22LR) for 2+ years - and it happened in less than a week of panic buying - so having 2-5+ years of ammo isn't stupid, it's being prepared to keep doing an activity you like.
    Solid advice right there. I’ve been trying to keep my ammo reserves up to my appropriate levels. Don’t have extra money for any more cases of ammo , but I try to get a few boxes every payday.

I might start alternating each week.
    Buy ammo one week and buy magazines the next week.

I really need to inventory my ammo so I know how much of each caliber I have.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd buy a couple of fully built ARs or everything needed to build at least two complete rifles, a bunch of magazines and ammo. I'd even pick up a few ten rounders just incase cause. I'd also stock up on 22LR, primers and everything else if you reload.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast