Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I panic buying.....

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I panic buy guns all of the time...... LOLOLOLOL
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Seems like a good investment.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Muzzle loaders aren't going away anytime soon....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Depends on your budget I guess. If it takes food of the table, of course not. But the complete rifles you see out there now in the $4-500ish price range....perfectly serviceable rifles like PSA, S&W, BM, Ruger, etc....nothing wrong with having a few in the safe if it isn't tying up $ you need for something else and you have your "in case of zombies" kit squared away to your liking.

Wasn't that long ago I was selling pure crap, abused, junky ARs for $1300+ on armslist with buyers 5-deep for each one. And these were real bad frankenrifles - stuff like purple bushmaster uppers on CAI lowers, Mod1 kits, etc. Barrels taken to cherry red with slidefire stocks.....nothing nice or in good condition. And my ads were quite honest about what they were.

I would however disagree with anything being purchased in this glut being considered a "panic buy". Quite the opposite as everyone & his brother are unloading ARs right now.....

So I can fast forward in my mind's eye to some point in the future and can see it being potentially easy to offload a ~$450 SW M&P15 sport for $1500+

Stuff I have now might get sold off for pennies on the dollar by mrs CMV after I'm dead, might be a nice little cash windfall during next panic for me. Who knows???? But other than the safe space they're taking up, doesn't hurt me any to have a few bucks tied up in them....
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
    Quite the opposite as everyone & his brother are unloading ARs right now.....
    Yeah. I've seen mostly "budget" builds being sold, but you can find some nice stuff if diligent.

I've really only paid attention to Colts being sold locally, but over the past two years, I've seen them listed NIB for as low as $650.

The best deal being a used (200rds. fired) Colt AR15A4 w/ KAC M5 RAS for $750.

If you're patient and keep your eyes open, there are many good deals out there.
    Last edited by phixion; 08-13-19 at 16:05.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    If you can afford a complete gun, rock on.

If you can’t and need to spend a little at a time, a quality lower can be built up nicely with a quality LPK. Use your judgement. Just don’t buy low-quality crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Even if there is an AWB that drives prices up, parts such as barrels bolts, LPK's will be available.
    Eventually, the Dems will pay attention to how things are done in other countries and regulate any part that is “pressured” (best word off the top of my head). Bolts and barrels will be regulated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might as well keep the muzzleloader, that may be the only firearm we’re legally allowed to own someday.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with having some insurance policy on lowers but like some have mentioned, buy quality stuff- preferably a few factory rifles

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having less than two reliable ARs = unprepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast