Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Am I panic buying.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Question is: when does the panic start? Election night, like on 2008? Or before?
    Its self fulfilling. The more you read and talk about it the sooner it will start. If you look at SGammo, they already have a banner up, saying....

"Due to high order volume orders placed at this time are expected to ship out on Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th."

And now that I've posted this someone will go....oh shit.... better get mine now before it's all gone!!!
    Last edited by Arik; 08-15-19 at 07:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Its self fulfilling. The more you read and talk about it the sooner it will start. If you look at SGammo, they already have a banner up, saying....

"Due to high order volume orders placed at this time are expected to ship out on Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th."

And now that I've posted this someone will go....oh shit.... better get mine now before it's all gone!!!
    To be fair, SGammo has that banner pretty much all the time, long before these shootings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSplumber View Post
    To be fair, SGammo has that banner pretty much all the time, long before these shootings
    I bought ammo from them on the day of the second shooting and all it had were shipping times. Yesterday I got an email and saw a good price on 9mm. Followed the link it that banner was already up

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not one event in the past has ever made me feel like buying as a response to events beyond what I already owned, not even after that F up Vegas event, but feels different.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I mean I wouldn't rule out a pre-built AR, but it would have to be stamped "HBAR" for me to get it without much trouble here in Maryland...otherwise I'd have to check the "roster" of what is allowed and also get a HQL for any firearm that is regulated....whereas the stripped lower is regulated, but since it's not a complete firearm, I wouldn't need to have my HQL (Handgun Qualification License)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would go buy a couple complete BCM lowers. My LGS had them for $350. Hard to beat for high quality gear that will holds its value in good and bad times. Nothing panicky about buying quality kit.

I saw Bernie Sanders on TV a month ago and immediately bought pmags. Visceral response to Bernie. I was I’ll just listening to that complete idiot.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-15-19 at 09:48.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I normally won't quote for truth, but there it is friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Nothing panicky about buying quality kit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ive never gone panic mode any election or scare. I'd definitely say It's not foolish at all to pick up a quality rifle, few mags or ammo to ease your inner fear. It could pay off you never know. But, watching people panic and clear the internet out of stock is pretty funny.

Forums are littered with pistol braces for sale because liquidity > 8 oz of potential illegal parts, I understand the mindset. I believe the firearms industry largely benefits from fear mongering, whispers etc- so as the stock market. Great for business as they love it for sales but hate it for potential real loss if something happens.

Its hard for me to give into what you are told on MSM and false whispers from anonymous sources.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SilentRecon; 08-17-19 at 00:25.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I would go buy a couple complete BCM lowers. My LGS had them for $350. Hard to beat for high quality gear that will holds its value in good and bad times. Nothing panicky about buying quality kit.

I saw Bernie Sanders on TV a month ago and immediately bought pmags. Visceral response to Bernie. I was I’ll just listening to that complete idiot.

PB
    A few months back I picked up a barely used complete BCM lower w/ MS1 sling for $200, it was that last thing needed but WTF could I, it's $200. I'd buy them all day for that.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    IF I was to consider a pre-built AR, which ones would you guys recommend looking at....it would have to be an HBAR though because of stupid maryland, would also prefer keeping it under $1k

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast