Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need Ar pistol advice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just measured one of mine with it's included extension.

Fully collapsed is really close to 6 1/2"
    Fully extended is really close to 8 7/8"
    5-position tube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockycharms View Post
    One thing I forgot to ask was the vertical foregrips, I currently have the BCMGUNFIGHTER Vertical Grip Mod 3 on it but would that a no go since the upper would go from an sbr to a pistol lower? I have read that either it's a Magpul Afg or nothing but then i remember reading somewhere that the foregrip couldn't be straight down as my Bcm has a bit of a rake to it.
    If under 26", I believe adding a vertical fore-grip to a pistol makes it an AOW, therefore subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act (NFA).

I have a PSA 7.5" in 300 Blackout and love it.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-17-19 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a few pistol uppers and the 8” .300bo and 10” 7.62x39 get used a lot more than my 10”. 5.56.
    No issues with performance, but blast is noticeable even with a good muzzle device. Not one I’d want to use indoors without max hearing protection. I like my SBA3 & Tailhook mod 2 braces as well. Started with fixed Shockwave & SB braces and while they work fine being able to adjust & collapse makes more sense on a short pistol setup.

I just put a 12.5” Grendel together since PSA’s only other option was 20”, used to think a pistol over 10” was pointless compared to my 14.5” pinned carbine but it’s been pretty handy and if I did another 5.56 I think I’d go 12”.

Feedback Score
    My choices are to use the 11.5 i already have or go under that with the dead foot folding stock which allows you to fire while folded and being a pistol it gives me a little more leeway.

Feedback Score
    I purchased the PSA 10.5 pistol in 5.56 and will be using the Dead Foot Arms folding adapter. I got a good price on all and will have my gunsmith go through the whole thing to make sure all is well.

This is my first PSA so I’m hoping for the best.

Thanks for the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123