Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need Ar pistol advice

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Since no where in your post did you say it has to be 5.56, if you want to go short sup 10 inch then I would suggest at .300 black out. with that you can get as short as 7.5 running reliably though 9 inch is the best. It will give you something compact to work in and around a vehicle or home and with a law folder can be thrown in a back pack. As for PSA they can be hit or miss on things but they always make things right, they just aren't good with communication, granted this from my one and only interaction with PSA. But if you get a lower drop and upper on it to make sure it is in spec, mine was out of spec when I got it among other things. As for and upper if you want fully build grab a BCM 9 inch, Areo 10.5, SLOGW East India or whoever tickles your fancy. Throw your dot of choice and light and sling and call it done.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the suggestions and may just get another upper from Palmetto State if they are decent and then put a red dot or irons and possibly the law folder. I believe the afg is legal to put on.
    Are their uppers at Palmetto decent or good?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Their uppers aren’t bad, currently you can get a 10.5 with an FN barrel and Giesslle rail for 499 that seems to be the best deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I will order the lower with the sba3 and see how adjustable it is and perhaps put the law folder device on it. Does anyone have the sba3 and how do you think it extends just right to the level you like?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My PSA 10.5 needed some small parts (~$25) to get running right out of the box. Now I am 600+ rounds through the gun with only stoppage being a stuck casing. It couldnt be mortared because the extractor was sliping off the case head. The ammo was Tula, so Im not too worried. I also added a BRT gas tube to tame the gas down.

To answer the question about the SBa3; I have used it for 600 rounds now and love it. I honestly dont notice the issues people claim to have with the rubber folding. It is the closest thing to a stock being adjustable on a carbine extension.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    11.5 barrel is good sweet spot, IMO. Compact but dwell time is much greater than 10.5. I have two 11.5 SBRs and love them.

Good luck concealing, unless you’re wearing a trench coat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockycharms View Post
    I will order the lower with the sba3 and see how adjustable it is and perhaps put the law folder device on it. Does anyone have the sba3 and how do you think it extends just right to the level you like?
    I have a few pistols. One is a 9" 300blk and the remainder 5.56. All have SBA3s which I really like. The top pistol was my first. PSA / 8.5". Runs flawlessly. All have H3 buffers and all are zeroed at 50m.

Feedback Score
    If you have the money, buy good quality. I'm not going to get into a brand debate since there are thousands of those threads and posts to be found. I will say that 10.x" barrels, if made well, can be very reliable. I do prefer 11.x" barrels for the obvious reasons, but also because of the additional OAL they provide.

You mentioned VFG's. I don't care what anyone says, if you can get your thumb around it, it's a VFG. As I've said in other posts, as soon as you install a VFG onto a pistol, it ceases to be a pistol. It's either a Title 1 "firearm" or an AOW depending on OAL.

I prefer the SBA4, overall. I also prefer RDS in a QD mount and folding BUIS.

Feedback Score
    have a 7.5" just for gun fun. can makes not a dent in noise so forget about it.
    woujd i carry to work ? (NO WAY IN H--L.).. for work seems to be 11.5. very reliable.

most importan thing u can do is have assembly done by a pro's pro. not a shade tree guy. hey, its only ur life. unless u are good at 200 yard head shot with a glock (not l.o.l.)

only been doing this 50 or so years..

carbine
    Last edited by carbine357; 08-17-19 at 10:26. Reason: not enuff coffee

Feedback Score
    I have been reading this and getting ideas on my pistol build, I ran across dead foot arms folder and it kind of peaked my interest because it can fire while folded and makes it a bit smaller for carry and for storage purposes. I am still doing research but i will buy the pistol once i have figured out exactly what i want, thanks for the information by the way!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast