Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Advance Bolt Carrier by Leitner-Wise

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Long Advance Bolt Carrier by Leitner-Wise

A solution in search of a problem? I’ve never actually noticed the cam pin contacting the upper on any of my guns, but I run Colt or Sionics BCs. Other than that, would it actually reduce wear?

This is the same guy that founded LWRC, but I believe he got out before or right after they expanded.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-bolt-carrier/

Feedback Score
    Personally, I wouldn’t buy anything from him and I don’t see any use for the design. Everybody wants to change something and convince you that you need it so they can take your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Most of my uppers display cam pin contact/wear of varying degrees inside the receiver, and I believe that it's a very common thing. Once it reaches a certain point, it stops, and becomes a non-issue since any interference has been worn away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always appreciate innovation however it'd have to be something extraordinary for me to seriously consider changing something that has a good proven history.

Feedback Score
    This and this.

Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Personally, I wouldn’t buy anything from him and I don’t see any use for the design. Everybody wants to change something and convince you that you need it so they can take your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Most of my uppers display cam pin contact/wear of varying degrees inside the receiver, and I believe that it's a very common thing. Once it reaches a certain point, it stops, and becomes a non-issue since any interference has been worn away.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    As a user of LMT E-carriers I am more interested if these have a similar delay in unlocking with the modified cam pin track.

Who cares about the wear? I wonder why they lead the product with that vice the delay in unlocking.

If these are cheaper than E-carriers then I might try one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ... this almost 2-degree difference is what allows the bolt to open at a proper time and angle preventing the cam pin from contacting the internal surface of the upper receiver.
    I wonder how all those millions of Colt built AR rifles have been working until now with so called improper "time and angle"

Complete and absolute utter nonsense not backed by any science or research. Purely based on speculation and market hype.

Before you buy into some technical "improvement" I recommend re-watching this. I posted this before and will post it again:

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    A solution in search of a problem? I’ve never actually noticed the cam pin contacting the upper on any of my guns, but I run Colt or Sionics BCs. Other than that, would it actually reduce wear?

This is the same guy that founded LWRC, but I believe he got out before or right after they expanded.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-bolt-carrier/
    There is some interesting info on the book of faces about this. Most are of the opinion that this is a direct knock-off of the LMT E-carrier.
    Last edited by drtywk; 08-14-19 at 12:56.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I always appreciate innovation however it'd have to be something extraordinary for me to seriously consider changing something that has a good proven history.
    Yep. Had exactly the same reaction to the PWS ratcheting castle nut design a couple years ago. First reaction: oh that's cool, don't need to stake anymore. Second reaction: Wait...I already get A5 RE's and only stake once per lifetime of my rifles anyway. :-)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Likely another scum bag, snake oil product from THE shadiest bottom feeding shit bag company that I know of in the gun realm.

They can't even make guns that run, and they want to design an improvement? Laughable!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast