Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Standoff in Philadelphia, 6 officers injured, developing

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I couldn't stand the title of this thread anymore, it wasn't an active shooter, it was a standoff or siege.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Philly PD requires its officers to live in Philly for at least the first five years of their career.
    Used to be they had to live in the city to apply and work. I applied at this time. Went through the whole damn process and at the interview was told ....oh... sorry you don't live in the city! Doh!
    Later it changed to you had 6 months to move in to the city and eventually could leave after 5 years. However, no one works in the district where they live.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This is what he's talking about...
    The day Philadelphia bombed its own people
    I know about the bombing of the MOVE headquarters in Philadelphia, pretty much a testament to 'common sense, so rare it should be a super power' IMO. S

hould have caught that from the way he capitalized MOVE. My bad.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Philly PD requires its officers to live in Philly for at least the first five years of their career.
    I wasn't precise in word usage when I used jurisdiction in this case I was referring to patrol area/beat.

The agencies I worked for used either a 'within 20 minutes of..' or 'within the County' metric.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I couldn't stand the title of this thread anymore, it wasn't an active shooter, it was a standoff or siege.
    Exactly. If anything he was an IN-active shooter, more of a nacho-eating IED or a land mine.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567