Quote Originally Posted by CMV View Post
As long as you have the minimal section 4 info correct and if you put anything in box 4h you have that complete, all the excess engraving is just that, but harmless. IF for some reason you DID put your mailing address in 4h (nothing stops you and would get approved that way), he actually did engrave appropriately. Assuming blank box 4h in your case though. You can engrave the dictionary as long as the required info is there. So really it's just a cosmetic thing.....and that shop really needs to train the jackhole who did that. Fill or grind depending on engraving depth, Cerakote, re-engrave would be my method of fixing - just depends on how irritating the extra engraving is to you.

Gets a bad rap from misapplication & unrealistic expectations, but BC alumablack can really make engraving blend in & hide on a black lower.

Somewhat of a stamp collector & did all my suppressors on form-1's as well, so I bought an engraver. Very old manual pantograph jewelry engraver. Slow, cumbersome setup, but gets the job done. Not suggesting you run out & buy one, but if you know you'll have a fair amount of things to engrave, worth considering. Or going in on with a small group of buds. Would take a decent amount to break even, but the convenience & knowing your stuff is right.....

OT but kind of along these lines for others reading who haven't started filling out forms yet.......if doing a trust, consider the name of your trust and the engraving implications. My last name is 9 letters. Not thinking at all, I just called my trust "V-------- Revocable Living Trust" which is a lot to engrave & makes for a fairly long line of text. "CMV Trust" or some such would have been soooooo much cleaner. Anyway, just a minor goof along the way that might help someone else out.
Nope, box 4h is blank, I did have to check to make sure though.

How do you fill an engraving mark? What material would you use? Sounds like a possibility, but again, I don't want to make it worse so for now I'm leaning towards just living with it as is.