Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR Engraving Fail

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too used Ident to engrave my SBRs. They did a great job, have a lot of time in the business and know what they are doing. I would recommend to anyone doing an SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I was at Ident marking yesterday, and they engraved several of my guns over the years. Great guys, excellent service, honest prices. Jason and Trent know their shit and are very professional.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Believe me, I fully accept the responsibility. It was on me to make sure it was done correctly, and that didn't happen. In my own defense, these guys were supposedly more knowledgeable and qualified than me. In hindsight there most definitely should have been better communication beforehand and I should have told them specifically and in detail what I wanted. That's part of why it sucks so bad, it always stings a little more when you (should) know better. You can bet I won't make the same mistake again, hopefully this thread helps somebody avoid it in the first place.

That said, I think I know what I'm going to do. After reading some suggestions here and doing some research based on that, I came across a couple of references to a company out of Texas that looks like they can help me out, Intent Marking. www.identmarking.com The guy I talked to had a couple of options and was very confident about their experience, quality, and what they can do for me. He also mentioned that had THEY screwed up my lower, they would in fact cover all the costs of a new stamp, lower, and associated costs, etc. That's got me leaning towards having it fixed and then moving on. It's an extra few weeks and additional expense, but in the long run if it works out I think I'll be happier.

As far as getting money back from the first place, now that I have a more clear idea of options, we'll see how that goes next week. A refund probably, but I have a feeling reimbursements aren't going to happen. They didn't offer either when I first informed them of the mistake.
    Sorry for the late reply... busy week.

Identmarking is 100% GTG and the only company I use for my SBR engraving. They usually have a pretty quick turnaround time as well. I think other users have used them too. Docsherm is the one who pointed me in their direction.

Hope it get squared away and you get your $$ refunded. I would think if they are even halfway responsible, they’ll square you away. If not....well I’ve made some bad decisions that at the time I thought were good and in the end my takeaway was a good life lesson. Lol

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My only experience with firearms engraving for SBRs has been Ident Marking. They’re excellent.

Feedback Score
    Just “paint” it with a black sharpie,you probably aren’t going to sell the gun anyway.enjoy it. Warn others by giving out the name of the engraver

Feedback Score
    This is why I like my local place; they have a fancy vector lettering program that feeds into a laser, and the laser can project a preview onto the work piece. They ask for you to confirm the lettering, both in the design program and on a camera view of the laser preview projection.

If it weren't for them, I'd be sending things off to Tarheel State Firearms. Most engravers have no idea what they're doing with NFA stuff.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Sorry for the late reply... busy week.

Identmarking is 100% GTG and the only company I use for my SBR engraving. They usually have a pretty quick turnaround time as well. I think other users have used them too. Docsherm is the one who pointed me in their direction.

Hope it get squared away and you get your $$ refunded. I would think if they are even halfway responsible, they’ll square you away. If not....well I’ve made some bad decisions that at the time I thought were good and in the end my takeaway was a good life lesson. Lol

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll pile on as I have also used Ident for this service. Mailed one to them and had one done in person. They are top notch!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That sucks. Did you not give him the exact info you wanted engraved? I never assume that anyone knows what they are supposed to engrave. I’ve also always watched it being done so that I can correct any error before it’s permanent.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I go to a local guy who does laser engraving and it comes out perfect. It’s tiny & he covers it with the Aluminum Black and it disappears. He only engraves with the owner present after asking twice if it’s exactly where and how you want it.
    http://www.dtvtacticalinnovations.com/about-our-company.html
    Last edited by DoubleW; 09-09-19 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'd also suggest Veritas Machining. I've used them a number of times as an FFL and they are top notch and fast

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'd also suggest Veritas Machining. I've used them a number of times as an FFL and they are top notch and fast
    This. Veritas is awesome.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast