Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SBR Engraving Fail

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'd also suggest Veritas Machining. I've used them a number of times as an FFL and they are top notch and fast
    I can echo for a good experience.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Veritas did a great job for me also. Exceptionally fast turn around too.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've been meaning to come back and post a final update, so here it is. After many, many phone calls and broken eta promises, I finally got my lower back from Ident about 2 weeks ago. The work was done as described and I'm happy enough with the repair and new engraving, but I'm not sure I would have chose them to do the work had I known it would take so long. That said, the lower went back together with no problems and function checks nicely, and the completed rifle is pretty sweet. I haven't gotten it out to shoot quite yet but I don't anticipate any problems, so in the end despite the extra time and money everything should be good to go. Lesson learned, and now I'm moving on. Thanks everybody for reading, commenting, and letting me share the pain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'd also suggest Veritas Machining. I've used them a number of times as an FFL and they are top notch and fast
    This is who I went with.
    I made an appointment and drove two hours to get there.

When I arrived he and his wife were very friendly, he took me to the shop out back and we sat down and decided what was to be done. He showed a "proof" on the computer screen then put it into the laser engraver and after it was fine he put some liquid on it to turn it black.
    He asked multiple times if I was happy I said yes then he printed an invoice, I paid him and got back into the car. I was there maybe 15 minutes for the entire thing.
    I have no problem recommending him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    He gave them his rifle to be engraved without telling them what he wanted engraved on it. They received a rifle to be engraved without asking what he wanted engraved on it. I’m inclined to apportion the blame at 50-50.
    It was SBR engraving. The default without additional info should be NAME/CITY/STATE.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t have a horror story but can you guys recommend someone in north Texas that does good work?

I am in Wichita Falls but travel to DFW quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I don’t have a horror story but can you guys recommend someone in north Texas that does good work?

I am in Wichita Falls but travel to DFW quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://identmarking.com/
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dunno about north Texas, but I had Gray Laser in San Antonio do the SBR engraving on my AR lower. I mailed the lower to them from CO...They did a fantastic job and turn around time was just a couple days.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

SBR Engraving Fail

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

See post 43 on the reported experience with Ident.

I used Ident once. They refused to laser the mag well opening lip as requested. Maybe they’ve changed but their customer service was slow and lacked assurance for me.

Veritas is my goto. They send an image for final approval of what the engraving will look like before they begin. Full customer care, A+ communication and quick service.
    Last edited by fledge; 12-30-19 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    Veritas Machining is very good with a quick turn around. Ship it on a Monday and get it back on a Friday from New Mexico.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast